80

"sigh......" Angelina immediately collapsed on her bed as soon as she arrived back home.

"Miss are you alright...? Should I call Eric to perform a muscle soothing spell?" Marie asked after she hid the two bags they thought back in the deepest part of the closet.

"No it's alright. Oh, but do check on him. He's been locking himself in his room, reading all day. I'm afraid he will tire himself." Angelina said as she extended her arm to pick up the book, laying on her bedside table.

"Hm..his dedication is indeed a little bit much..." Marie made a pondering expression.

"Heh... Well that is indeed one of his strongest points." Angelina smirked as she read the book.

*********************
Eric sighed after putting down the book he was reading.

He felt his stomach rumble. So, he stood up and left his room. As he walked pass the grand halls, he caught sight of the silhouette of a beautiful young girl. Blonde hair and blue eyes...

Eric's eyes squinted

Who else could it be...?

He bent his back and bowed.

"Good afternoon, lady Evelina." Eric clenched his fist as he greeted her. Due to protocol, everyone must go and greet the mansion's masters. If there wasn't such a rule, Eric would much rather ignore her.

"Oh? You seem to have grown taller..." Evelina said with awe. She extended her hand and patted his head gently.

"She must be treating you well. Hm?"

"........" Eric immediately froze at her action. In the past, Evelina would first treat him with gentleness, then beat him half to death.

Evelina suddenly frowned.

"It's such a shame..." Something seemed to have crossed her mind. But, of course she wouldn't give a hint to what she was thinking.

After a few stared, she finally left and Eric was able to make his way to the kitchen.

******************
Winter eventually came at the appearence of December. Although the weather has turned extremely cold, it did not stop the nobles from gathering and socializing.

Today, the white soft snow could be scene gracefully falling from the sky through the windows of the ballroom.

It was a tradition for the royal palace to hold a winter banquet on the 5th day of December.

As the duaghter one of the most eligible and influential families, Angelina could not be absent.

She sighed remembering the earlier ruckus in the morning. She was quickly pulled out of bed and was served by multiple maids, as to get ready quickly.

"The Skyler family is entering!" The male servant announced their arrival with a loud yell.

Several other palace servants opened the grand doors of the ballroom to let the Skyler family enter.

The scene of the palace ballroom could stun any noble. The lights shimmered brightly, and the sights of the nobles gathering and chatting in groups was an overwhelming sight.

As soon as they entered, many heads turned to look at them, and none could help widening their eyes in admiration.

Truly a good looking family!

Every member of the Skyler family possessed extremely good looks. The gentlemans of the family had irresistibly charming apearences, while the ladies had elegant and divine facial features.