Chapter 62 || Questions

Start from the beginning

"We didn't exactly meet..." I chuckle. "But sure. Let's do '73 Questions with Adrian' first," I suggest.

"You can ask as many questions as you want," He offers. I smile before starting my interview with him.

"So, Mr. Black, when is your birthday?"

"You already kno-" I glare at him. "March 30th," He smiles at me, shaking his head. "Now my turn."

"That's not how it works."

"We'll break the rules."

"Now we're fugitives?"

"In a sense. Now, let me ask my question."

"Shoot."

"When's your birthday?" A playful smile stretches across his lips, and I roll my eyes.

"June 19th," I whisper, before resting my head against his arm. "What's your favorite color?"

"Faded blue. Like your eyes. It used to be black. I don't even know why. I just liked how dark it was. It's the darkest color there, and you know... I felt like it matched me."

"Why so?"

"I know it sounds morbid, but that's just how I felt. After prison, I just felt... dead. I know a year isn't a lot, but for me, my dreams had been crushed and nothing felt the same anymore." My heart hurt for him. I couldn't imagine what it felt like to lose a dream. Sure, my dad has given me enough trauma, but I've always had my dreams to look up to.

"I hate talking about feelings. Now I'm going to ask you a question. What's your favorite color?"

"Green," I smile. "Just like your eyes. My turn. What was your favorite moment in life?"

"When you first hugged me. What was yours?"

"I don't have just one, but all of them involve you." Great going, Bailey. That was the cheesiest line I've ever heard. There was so much cheese, that I think you'd give someone a carb induced heart attack. "Now my turn. What were you dreaming about when you were sleeping on my shoulder?"

"You. I was dreaming about you."

"What was I saying?"

He smirked. "You weren't saying much."

"You're a complete pervert. You know that?" I smack his arm as I continue to rest my head on it.

"Well, I was actually in my bedroom. The one in my mom's house... I was going to sleep on the floor, but she kept telling me to sleep on the bed. This was the first day she took me back out of foster care. That was the day I thought... finally, someone loves me. But she never spent an ounce of time with me. She was a drug addict and was always away but she'd come home at night, and when she found me sleeping on the floor, she would splash cold water on me and then tell me to sleep on the bed. Sometimes she would beat me. I hate sleeping on the bed. But as I was sleeping, I shifted in the bed and then I saw you. You smiled at me and called me my stupid nickname, 'Addy-Baddy' and then... everything was okay."

"You're seriously going to make me cry, Adrian. Stop being so sweet, you're supposed to be my heartbreaker. You broke up with me and now you're telling me sweet shit like this and it's making everything so hard," I sniffle. I make sure to talk quietly because well... we're in a plane and there's an old lady sitting next to us and is probably mentally gagging.

"I'm sorry, I'm naturally sweet. I'll ask you a question now," Adrian tells me. "What's your dream?"

"It used to be that I want to leave the life I know behind and start a new one. I didn't see myself with anyone. Just me."

"And then?"

"You're in my future now too. What's your dream?"

"You. Spending my entire life with you. As of now, it's getting you back. I also have a question. Why are we discussing this in the middle of a flight?" I look around the flight, to see a few people giving us 'the look' while others are watching TV and some were plain knocked out.

The grandma next to us looked completely absorbed in the movie she was watching. She glanced at us, and a twinkle lit in her eyes before she turned back to the TC screen.

"I can ask you the same thing."

————

a/n: sorry for the late update :( i was reading this story and i really liked it and i slacked on writing 😂 oopsie. i know i don't have to update everyday but i do for the sake of finishing this book before i'm old and wrinkly or before something goes wrong in my life. yeah i'm paranoid about everything. 

anyhoo, i hope you liked this chapter. it was kinda just conversation though hehe. and it wasn't even cute, ugh i need to step my game up. 

thank you for reading tho ♥️ i love you!!