23

Cina's point of view

I watch in amusement as Santana runs around my room squealing.

Santana: He called me mom!

The glow she's radiating has only happened one other time, her wedding day. Seeing my bestfriend this happy makes me happy.

Me: I'm glad he's comfortable now, leaving that situation in Vegas must've been life changing.
Santana: I agree.

Yeosang walks into the room, pausing to look at San.

Yeosang: Two boys are downstairs for you.

We go downstairs to see Kai and another young boy I've never seen.

Santana: Yes?
Hueningkai: Sooo..
Santana: You want something.

He chuckles.

Hueningkai: There's this new game that just came out.
Santana: Mhm.
Hueningkai: And Shownu gave me money for it.
Santana: Mhm.
Hueningkai: But the only store that has it is across town.
Santana: Mhm.
Hueningkai: Can you take us to get it?

She taps her chin playfully.

Santana: No.
Hueningkai: What!
Santana: It's a beautiful day and you two are young. The bus and trains work just fine.

I giggle, harsh.

Hueningkai: I'm the son of seven idols, I can't be on public transportation.

Our eyes widen.

Did he just.. I squeal internally.

"I'll take them."

I glance at Seonghwa.

Me: Really?
Seonghwa: I've got nothing going on today, and Yeosang's birthday is coming up. I need to look for him a gift.

The two boys smile.

Hueningkai: See? Uncle is a team player, unlike..-
Santana: I will cut your PlayStation cords.

The both closes his mouth.

Santana: See you later, oh! Yeonjun, are you spending the night again?

The boy nods.

Santana: Alright I'll order pizza.

Once they leave I look at her.

Me: His friend?
Santana: It was this whole enemies to friends trope. What bothers me is he'll be eighteen soon, the orphanage gets rid of eighteen year olds.
Me: That rule has always been so stupid to me!

She sighs.

__

San's point of view

I watch as Wooyoung ducks and dodges everything Sauni throws at him. I've seen a lot of things in my life but this is some crazy shit.

Sauni: I hate you!

I sigh.

Wooyoung and I pack the last of his things into my car. Things don't always have a happy ending and that's okay, Wooyoung still has friends that love him. And to prove that Jongho invited him to stay at his house.

Wooyoung: After she gave birth things were bad. I thought it was just the postpartum depression but apparently not.

He sighs.

Me: I know you wanted it to work, I was honestly rooting for you but it's okay that it didn't. You both need time to heal. As long as you can co-parent it'll be fine.

He chuckles humorlessly.

Wooyoung: Damn, when did you become the voice of reason?
San: I would say in the middle of book three.

After a little bit longer of driving we pull up to Jongho's ridiculous house. This place is huge for just him but after his breakup with Angel he needed anything to keep him sane.

Jongho: Welcome roomie!

__

how y'all doing on this good old sunday?