51|getting the game cancelled

Start from the beginning

"He might come back," Isaac offered gently. "You never know."

I closed my eyes, a heavy sigh escaping my lips. "It's Peter. I think I know."

♧♤♢♡

The buzzing of my phone woke me up later that night. I shifted as I opened my eyes. I was still resting on Isaac's shoulder, the boy asleep by my side.

Sitting up carefully so as not to wake him up, I pulled my phone out of my pocket. As soon as I answered Stiles started talking. "Riley, we just saw the Beast at the school."

"Oh, my god, are you okay?" I asked quickly. The sound of my panicked voice woke Isaac up. He tapped me on the shoulder, looking at me with a confused look on his face. I pulled the phone away from my ear, turning the speaker on.
"Isaac's here, too."

"We're all okay," he responded. "But it killed a whole bunch of people on one of the school buses. We're having a Pack meeting first thing in the morning in the library to compile information again."

I glanced over to Isaac, who nodded to say he would be there. "All right, we'll both be there. I'll see you tomorrow. I love you."

"Love you, too."

After I hung up the phone, Isaac got up from the couch, stretching his arms. "I should probably get going. Sounds like they're all headed home and Scott will probably be wondering where I am. Wouldn't want to start any rumours," he winked.

I rolled my eyes as I got up to hug him. "Thank you for convincing me to go to Eichen. Even if he wasn't there, it was a step in the direction I know I want to be going in. I need to talk to him, and I'm the only one who can make that happen."

"You know I'm always happy to help, Winters. Just say the word," he responded, putting his arms around me.

After a moment, I dropped my arms and stepped back. "So, I'll see you tomorrow morning at the library?"

He nodded, collecting his things before saying goodbye. I walked him to the door, opening it and watching him walk out. I was about to shut the door when he called my name.
"My bike is still at school."

Both of us sighed as we realised he was right; I had driven us both to Eichen and then to my house. "I totally forgot."

"If you can drop me at Scott's, I'll just grab a ride from him tomorrow to school," he offered.

I nodded in agreement, grabbing my keys and walking out to my car with Isaac. We were halfway to Scott's house, when I felt his eyes on me, thoughts running through his head.

"Are you going to tell Stiles about our trip to Eichen?"

"Of course," I answered. "We stopped keeping secrets from each other long ago. They nearly destroyed us after the Deadpool, and I'm not risking that again."

"I get that," he began to clarify. "But what if he doesn't want you to go after Peter?"

I thought about his question for a moment, considering what the answer might be. "Stiles knows how I feel about this, we've spoken about it. And if he thinks otherwise, then he'll just have to understand because no matter how this ends, I need to know."

When we arrived at Scott's house, Isaac grabbed his bag and opened the car door. "If you decide you don't want to wait for him to get back, you know I'm down to help you find him."

"I know," I smiled. "Thank you, Isaac."

♧♤♢♡

The next morning, we all met at the library as planned. What I hadn't expected, was or us to actually have moved forward in our investigation into the identity of the Beast.