Chapter 28 - With the program

There it was. The sun beam hitting off your tower in the glowing setting sun. Feeling of familiarity was set in stone, grounds of the building being the first spot of the very first murder you committed. It held a special place in your heart but something about the dusty rebuilt penthouse struck nothing but a lonesome feel.

Something was missing. Like a puzzle without it's last piece.

You shrugged it off as the unwelcoming smell which differed from the usual luxury scent. Anna set work on reorganizing the clatter and restoring the once pristine home like aura.

Once that was done... it was still missing something. Furniture was always bare, yes, but this felt empty. The negative space fought with the positive space and mood Anna tried to feed you like an IV drip.

Business was back on and the longing somewhat disappeared. Fillers of petty crimes and boring mass gang murders soon bored you. Why had your previous enjoyment for your self allocated job suddenly dulled?

"Boss, there's an emergency from Stark,"

"Eh, put him on," you let Stark's face pop up as you filed your nails. "What is it?"

"We have a problem,"

"Evidently, I doubt you'd want to catch up over some tea and biscuits," you look to Stark who had a large cut on his cheek, eye bruised. "What happened??"

"Hydra attacked, Loki was taken," the file dropped from your hand as Stark watched your eyes zone out. "Y/n?"

"Give me a moment," you end the call and lean back in your chair before letting out a blood curdling scream of anger. "Anna! Where is my suit?!"

"What??" she drags on.

"Now is not the time for references!" You shoot the door making her yelp and look through the new hole.

"I just fixed that," she pouts before running to do as asked, or rather commanded.

~~~

"What the hell happened?!" You growl, attaching your mask to your belt for a moment, pushing around the rubble of the lounge.

"We got attacked! Don't take it out on us!" Sam groans against the wall, his left wing buzzing and broken. Anna rushed over to Bucky quickly placed a kiss on his cheek to wake him up. With no response she resorts to pouring water on him.

"I'm not! Just tell me what happened so I can fix this mess!" You growl and hack into the system to see footage gone. "Shit, Anna, check the back ups,"

"Tending to me hurt boyfriend here, boss," she mumbles, kissing and hugging Bucky close as he sticks his tongue out at you.

"I don't care, confess your love to each other later, just get me the footage," a pang in your heart drove you to look away from the two as Anna found the footage of the vehicles taking Loki away. "Alejandro, I need a favor,"

~~~

Loki tried to pry his drained hands out the restraints. Asgardian cuffs used to take away magic from beings in the dungeons. How they acquired these? Not a clue was met in his mind, but more pressing matters were at hand as he saw a woman walk in.

Her lab coat and cat eyed glasses struck a bad feeling in his guts. The steps she took were malicious and ones he did not enjoy especially when not a drop of magic coursed through his aching veins.

"Hello, Mr Odinson,"

"Not Odinson,"

"I don't care as much as you would think," she clutched his jaw and took a look at the bruises along his lips. "Tsk tsk, they should handle such a beauty with more care," her finger traced over his lips only for him to bite onto it.

He cried out as her talon like nails landed a slap and light scratches to his cheeks. "Wench,"

"Careful, I'm in control," she took a clipboard from the steel metal table, stained with blood and fading rust on the inner corners. "God of mischief and lies, your main reason of capture is to lure your dumb whore of a girlfriend here-"

"I don't have a partner, you're mistaken,"

"Is Y/n L/n not your girlfriend?"

"Y/n? Gods no... we aren't even talking," he whispers in ahoarse voice, cracking making the woman smirk.

"Well she cares dearly for you so whether you're married, engaged, dating, friends with benefits, or whatever, she will come for you," she looks to Loki's raised and hopeful eyes. "Oh, were you not aware that she likes... maybe even loves you?"

"Don't fill my head with lies to dig for information!" Loki tried to break free from the metal only to groan at his drained strength.

"I'm not lying but this torment you have with your subconscious is such fun,"

~~~

Yuhh

Yuhh

- Anna ❤️