Chapter 13 - The true you

Loki held you closer through the night, his mind drifting off to what was a soft sleep, needless of dreams or thoughts, except of course memorizing the way you clung onto him.

It was an odd difference from what he usually saw of you; that flirty, sadistic, infuriatingly annoying Midgardian that made him growl as if there was a never disappearing itch at the back of his throat.

But in this very moment... you were you—the true you. The one which didn't need to take control, threaten and hurt every being in her line of sight. This was the you which cared, needed comforting, praise and assurance of worth.

Evidently that Mathew had no regard for you. Your worth laying with your body and power, one which he used to benefit himself alone.

Mathew was psychotic and wasn't deserving of the softness Loki saw of you in this moment. Pain and torment caused by your ex-lover haunted your thoughts no doubt and your mind built up more and more walls once he broke them down.

Loki was determined, call it remorse, sympathy or what you will... he cared and wanted to show you he cared.

Whether or not the others were willing to lend their trust, Loki had already handed you all his.

You could take it and throw it away, swat it, beat it to a pulp, take it for advantage but he knew what you did was a form of survival he knew too well.

How do you think he became the god of mischief and lies? His cunning nature was built up using walls to ensure survival amongst warriors. Asgard cared not for smarts from men, only ability to kill and win any fight.

That is why Loki was kept in the shadow of his older brother... his only brother. Maybe his heritage was another reason but no doubt his slim build and lack of muscle was the drive for discrimination.

If he were to court you... would you care for his slim figure compared to that of his brother? Would his brains make up for the lack of brawn or would you- woah, woah, woah, what was this nonsense of courting??

Not even a day ago had he wished to plunge his dagger into your guts and walk away from your dying figure.

Surely the pain he was able to see in the moment of your downfall broke away each previous hate to make way for sympathy and instinct to comfort.

"Sweet queen, what have you done to me?" Loki sighed out, his fingers running through your h/c hair, pushing back any falling strands to keep them from covering your face. "Rest well," he held your hand close to his heart before kissing it sweetly as they intertwined with his.

~~~

Was it the warm embrace or simply the spell which had lulled you so easily? Not once had you slept so soundly... not a single cackle of degrading to slip into your mind.

"Shit," you cuss under your breath. "I live another day and will make it everyone's problem," trying to sit up, the weight of hands around you made you squirm in panic, eyes snapping open to see Loki with furrowed brows, deep in sleep.

He looked so calm, peaceful... handsome, even.

"Loki..." you mumble quietly.

"A few more minutes, my love," he replied back.

"Loki, I'm not Tony, wake up," It took no more than a second for him to jump back in surprise of your presence. "Morning,"

"Y-Y/n! Good morning... how was your sleep?"

"Pretty ok... I am hungry though,"

Loki stood up and brushed down his pajamas. "Give me a moment," he left without another word.

Remembering the words he had—you had spoken made your stomach churn. Weakness was not one to be taken lightly, and softness certainly was not going to be the start of your downfall. Your clothes bundled up into your arms as you left Loki's room just as he came back with some breakfast.

"Where are you going?"

"I appreciate your healing but I feel quite fine now, thank you, Loki," slipping past him without another word you lock your door behind you and sigh in relief.

~~~

"Body status?" You look to Anna who was busy cuddling with Bucky on the couch.

"Sent to Hydra's main base with a lovely note,"

"Note said?"

"Dearest Hydra, I wish to inform you that your failed attempt to kill me has not be taken lightly, I wish to hear a surrender or I will unleash hell fire on you as simply as ABC, please reply soon, Kindest regards, Queen of Hearts,"

"Well done, miss Watson," you hum and walk away, passing the team who furrow their brows. "What?"

"Nothing... are you alright? You know from yesterday?"

"Oh, yes, yes, just a small break down as usual, nothing too serious," you wave away the concern before closing your bedroom door.

~~~

Lmao "small break down as usual"

- Anna ❤️