Chapter 23 - Have a go

"Ah, the smell of fresh corpses and cleaning products!" your heels clicked happily as you looked to the team. "Isn't it wonderful??"

"No," they hum making you frown.

"Well it is to me," you see the right autopsy room at the end of the hall making you giddily race there. Opening the door wide enough, taking a deep breath and groaning. "Oh, yeah, I missed this," grabbing some gloves you put them on along with glasses as the team hurries to catch up.

"Don't touch anything," Clint warns.

"Boo," you put the scalpel down as Bruce puts on proper scrubs.

"Will you put on proper uniform?" He asks with a murmur.

"Nope, no need, too lazy, too restricting," you dismiss his concern as he starts to examine the body. The basics were given on the report and Banner filled in time of death and such as you tipped back on forth excitedly.

"Alright, go ahead," Bruce sighs once your fidgeting became annoying.

"Yay!" You dive right in and grin as the skin sliced open. In no time Pietro passed out along with Clint. "Weak," Your hands dig under the ribs which made Thor and Sam pass out. "Seriously?"

"That's gross," Cap groans as Bucky passes out on Anna causing her to whimper under the weight.

"Pussy's," you take out the heart which caused Tony and Cap to pass out in each other's arms. "Seriously?"

"Carry on," Bruce examined the organs as Nat and Wanda dealt with the boys. Vision used the stone to scan the body as Loki let his magic engulf the veins.

"Play me my playlist, love," you look to Anna who scowls and reaches for her phone, playing some music making you smile. "Affixation, obviously but that's not what we're looking for," you tell Bruce who writes it down.

"Anything?" Bruce asks Loki who shakes his head.

"If there was any magic, it's gone now, the body has absorbed it,"

"So we need to wait for a new body?" Wanda scowls as she woke everyone up.

"Nope," You grin down at your smart watch which showed a notification from your network reporting a body. "New body three blocks from where this one was found~"

"Why do you sound so happy about this?"

"Because it means a fresh crime scene!" You toss the gloves and mask in the bin before straightening your suit out.

~~~

"Stark? We were just about to call you," Hill looked to the team.

"Y/n's network let us know earlier," Tony mumbled making Fury snap to you.

"Keep up, Pirate," you pat his head before slipping under the police tape and skipping to the body.

"I'll kill her,"

"No without reason," Cap sighs.

"Who said I didn't have a reason," Fury's hand was stopped from taking out his gun by Hill.

"Who are you?" A man with ashy blonde hair scoffs at you. "Wear scrubs and don't touch anything newbie,"

"I'm not a newbie...?"

"Philip,"

"Of course," you scoff and pull back your coat to take out a small magnifying glass. Slipping on some gloves you bend down and start to examine the body.

"Hey! I said don't touch anything!"

"And I chose to ignore you, sweetheart," you smirk at Philip who scowled.

"You won't find anything, we got the bullet,"

"The bullet didn't cause the death, dumbass," you snap a photo of the bullet wound before pushing around the woman's chest where it was embedded.

"Then what did? There's no other explanation,"

"Oh, please shut up before I lose anymore brain cells," you sigh and flip the body over, laughing out loud when you spotted it. "You were saying?"

The woman's shirt had a hole, the fabric burned away yet, no harm to the skin. Tapping around the wound you check her finger nails before digging in her mouth.

Pietro passed out again making you roll your eyes and examine her scalp and pockets. You placed the odd herb from between her teeth in a vial along with swabs of her saliva.

"Anything?" Tony mumbles, looking down at your crouched figure.

"Have a go," you state plainly.

"Uh, what?"

"Have a go, tell me what you see, I always have fun asking Anna but she's getting kinda good at it,"

"Uhm..." Tony places on some gloves and pokes around the body with a held in gag. "She died... in the rain... meaning a few hours ago?"

"Very good, keeping going," you gesture for the group to come over.

"She was a business woman-"

"Nope, Cap you're up," Tony stumbled over his words as Anna swapped the two.

"I don't know? She... her name is Veronica Felan!" Cap points to the ID in the open wallet,"

"Nope, false idea, real name is..." you flip her back over and scan her face with your phone. "Lilian Serice! Pleasure to meet you, Ma'am,"

One by one the Avengers tried to pick apart the crime, Nat and Vision being the only closest ones to some type of usable evidence until Loki was up.

~~~

Fun fun fun

Fun fun fun

- Anna ❤️