Chapter 19 - Pinky promise

For what seemed like a few minutes was an hour. There on the library floor, you sat in Loki's arms, nothing but silence and hands combing through hair for comfort.

Loki pressed his lips to your temple, affirmations flooding into your ear softly like sweet honey.

"Do you want to eat?" He asks sweetly.

"Food sounds good," you reply, holding him tight.

"Then let's go," he hoists you up in his arms, your legs wrapping around him. "What would you like to eat?"

"Pizza, please," he wasn't used to the sweeter, softer tone. One usually filled with snark and spite now glossed over with chocolate like the sweetest strawberry.

"Anything you want," he teleported you both to his room before laying you in his bed to which you curl up and tug him closer. "I won't leave,"

"Then where are you going?" You scoff, pouting slightly.

"Would you like to be comfortable? Better than that pencil skirt and blouse,"

"Fair enough," you watched as he took a shirt from his closet and handed it to you. "I could always get my own clothes,"

"I know," he smiles softly before turning away. Quickly changing, you fold your clothes away and place them on his desk in front of him. "What type of pizza would you like?"

"(Pizza of choice)," you sit on the edge of his bed and fiddle with his duvet.

"Is something wrong?" Loki placed away his hoodie before sitting beside you.

"It's just... it's stupid, ignore me," you laugh lightly before moving under the covers.

"What's wrong?" He persists, calmly.

"I've never been in someone's bed where they didn't want sex," your sour laugh made his face fall. "You don't... want sex, right?"

"No, gods no, I don't want to make you do something you don't want to, Y/n, especially now," he rubbed your back slowly. "I don't look for sexual intimacy from you, I want you to be comfortable and know you have people here for you," he takes you into his arms before folding the covers over you both. "That I'm here for you,"

The scent of mint and old books flooded your senses as he leant his head on yours. You held his hand and tapped along his knuckles to a beat. "Thank you, Loki,"

"You're welcome," he kisses your head before letting a box of pizza turn up in front of you both. "Don't make a mess,"

"I'm not your brother, I have manners," you sit up and dig in immediately as he placed on a movie.

~~~

Back again with you in his arms, fast asleep. This feeling in which only once occurred before was one he never wanted to let go.

"My sweet, my darling, my dear," he cooed pet names he wish you'd hear and melt at. Sighing out in frustration, Loki shifted so his head rested on the pillow, the curtains pulling shut before his eyes followed. "My love,"

~~~

A gunshot rung out in the room, you open your eyes and look around in a panic, a hooded figure holding a gun to Loki's bleeding chest.

Scrambling to your feet, you try and lash out only for the figure to disappear into the hall. Once at the door they were gone... Loki!

"Loki??" You rush over to his side and take his pulse. "Loki?!"

Nothing. Not a word. No heart beat.

"No, no, no! Loki, please, you said you wouldn't leave!" You cry out, shaking him slightly. "Please, just make this a stupid trick! Ha ha, very funny! Now stop this!" Tears trickled down your cheeks as his fingers felt cold against your touch. "Please..."

~~~

Gasping awake, you look around yet again to see Loki's room empty, you left alone and him missing. "Loki?!"

The god rushed into the room from the hall. "What??" He tensed when you ran to him, holding him tight.

"Why did you leave? You said you wouldn't leave," you whimper into his chest as his sight softened.

"I'm sorry, I thought I heard something crash, it was just Barton being an idiot in the vents," Loki led you back to the bed and helped you in. "What happened?"

"I thought... you..."

"Breathe, my dear, breathe," he places a hand against your back to guide your breathing. "Good job, now, would you like to talk about it?" He held a mug of tea to you.

"I just..." you took the mug and sipped at it. "I woke up... and someone shot you in the chest and... you left me,"

"Y/n, it was a nightmare, it will take more than a Midgardian bullet to kill me," he lifts your chin. "Hey, listen, I said I wouldn't leave you, I am a man of my word and intend to keep my promises,"

"Pinky promise," the childish act made him laugh lightly, now knowing what it meant after Peter explained it.

"Seriously?"

"Yes," you held your pinky out as he clutched it.

"I promise," he kissed your temple before holding you closer. "Now go to bed, silly Queen,"

"Whatever," you do as told, his breathing lulling you away into a dreamless sleep.

~~~

Sorry for the late update! I literally wrote an entire investigation with like three analysis bits, two essays, one historical context study and gallery of works study for Art in one night!

I'm going to pass out-

- Anna ❤️