Chapter 8 - Violin

"Here's my alias card, buy me a full closet and yourself clothes too," you hand over Anna platinum card.

"Cool beans," Anna salutes and looks to Bucky. "Hey, can you help me out?"

"Sure," he coughs and gestures for her to lead the way.

"And what will you be doing all day, princessa?" Pietro grins at you.

"I will, for one, ignore you and your failed attempts at flirting-"

"My flirting is not a failed attempt," he huffs.

"It is,"

"How do you flirt then?"

"Like this," Sam walks into the kitchen as you stand up. "Wilson," you smile softly at him.

"L/n,"

"You know, I have to admit I love the whole Falcon thing,"

"As you should," he laughs and pours his coffee.

"Aren't you a confident guy," taking a tea bag from the other side of him, you look to him with a smirk. "Girls dig that... You do have a girlfriend right?"

"N-no," he coughs, stirring his sugar in.

"That's a little hard to believe, I mean, you're Sam Wilson! Obviously someone wants to get their hands all over you,"

"I uhm... would you? Y'know want to get your hands all over me?" You stared into his deep chocolate eyed and saw his pupils dilate.

"I don't know... do you want me to?" You place a hand over his wrist and hold it. Pulse racing.

"Kinda-"

"Kinda?"

"Yes, I mean yes," he blurts out.

"Good," you tip his chin up and place a kiss on his cheek. "And that's how you do it," turning to Pietro you saw the speedster gaping along with everyone else who had entered for breakfast.

"What the hell??" Sam growls.

"Oh, quiet down, handsome, we could continue this another time... unless Leila Turner from the cafe down the road builds enough courage to ask you out this afternoon... or if you finally grow a pair and do it yourself," sipping at your tea smugly, you strut out the kitchen as the group watches.

~~~

"Boss! We got some stuff from the penthouse!" Anna chimes in, bags and boxes in her arms.

"Please tell me-"

"Oh, yeah," Anna takes out your Stradivarius violin, still in its case.

"And that's why you're getting a raise," you hum and wipe dust off the smooth wood.

"Clothes and essentials," Anna placed bags in the corner as you tuned the violin. "Come on, Buck, help me put my things away," she drags him off as you smirk softly at the two as they leave.

Lifting the bow to the strings, you start to play around with notes until playing a violin cover of 'Everybody Talks'.

Going off note a few times you get into the rhythm and continue. Peter's ears shot up as he got back from school, the song plucking at a memory as he raced down to see the source.

Ear pressed against the door, he couldn't help but open it to see you playing away in a trance of sorts. Passion struck with each drag along the strings.

"Shouldn't you be doing homework?"

"Uhm, I can do it tonight," he mumbles.

"Hm, alright, sit," you point to your temporary bed. He drops his bags and does as told. "How was school?"

"Uh... good? Why?"

"Can't I ask?"

"Didn't think you'd be interested," he fiddle with his flannel sleeves.

"I am, so tell me about your day,"

Peter started off a little shy, intimidated even, before he slowly got comfortable and spoke openly about the experiments he did today.

"What homework do you have?"

"This stupid project," he grumbles, taking out the notes and project task sheet from his bag. "I'm paired with this guy who's making me do all the work,"

"That won't do!" You chirp and take out a gun.

"Miss L/n, no!"

"Fine... well, do you need help? What do you have to do?" Peter explains thoroughly on the process and soon you both get to work.

~~~

"Thank you, Miss L/n," Peter hugs you again.

"It's no problem, but tell me what you get," patting the boy's head you watch him run off to his room as Tony walked past with a glare. "Jealous he loves me more than you?"

"As if," he storms off with a huff.

A smile plays at your lips as you shut the door behind you.

~~~

Hi! I hope you've eaten something or had some water so far? If you haven't go and do that, and if it is past 11PM go to bed before I yeet you 😌

- Anna ❤️