21 | Grabbing Attention

KRIST PUSHES THE STUDENTS blocking his way. And as soon he reaches the front, his jaw instantly drops, just like the rest of the barons.

     Displayed at the Omega Society's booth are six body bags that are covered in what seemed like fake blood. Students look at the booth with curiosity, some with disgust. They couldn't quite grasp what they were seeing. All they know about the Omega society is that they're cleaners, so seeing fake dead people didn't make sense.

     "What in the world—"

     "Welcome everyone to Omega Society!" Payton greets with a megaphone. He walks in front of the crowd, immediately making the students back away from him. Payton was wearing a transparent bodysuit, that looked like a raincoat, over his white uniform. The bodysuit was covered in fake blood, while more fake blood dripped down his fingers.

     "How embarrassing," Payton says, grabbing his glasses to clean it, only to get it covered with more red paint. "Well, as I was saying, welcome to Omega society. We were just done cleaning one of the messes laid out by one of the...Jokers!"

     Payton's body freezes as soon as he spots Jokers standing right in front of their booth. He tries to say something, but thankfully, the crowd's attention diverts to another student, specifically Felix who's holding a bunch of wires, followed by Max who's holding a mop that was also covered with red paint.

     The crowd was silent, and Max and Felix were waiting for their cue. But Payton wasn't saying anything. Felix tries to send him signals, but when they realized that he's actually staring at someone, Max and Felix turn their head to the crowd.

    Felix's eyes instantly enlarge when he spots Jokers staring right at them. Max sees them too, but the surprise on his face didn't show. Instead, he walks towards Payton and asks, "You okay Payton? Are you still in shock?"

    "M-Max..." Payton says with a soft voice. He still couldn't move, but Max ignores Payton's worry and let go of the mop before looking back at the crowd like Jokers weren't standing there, silently watching their so-called skit.

     "It looks like my club members are still in a shock. But to give you guys an idea of what happened, a brotherhood contacted us for a 'cleanup'. As the Omega Society, our duty is to clean everything, including the evidence to whatever horrendous crime brotherhoods have committed," Max reveals, shocking not only the white uniforms but Jokers as well.

     "Of course we don't know who the brotherhood was. Not knowing their identity keeps it professional, and at the same time, keeps us safe," he continues before taking out his student card so he can show it to everyone, "But we receive our payments, or what we call points, as soon as the cleaning duty is over."

     "What the fuck is he saying?" Brave whispers to Krist who was also in shock from what he was hearing.

     "A lot of you must have heard of our great society as merely a bunch of cleaners, but this year, we decided to share with you all what we really do. Only the strong and quick are allowed in this club. So if you think you have the guts then join us..." Max pauses and opens his arms like some kind of showman before finishing his speech. "I dare you."

    The students fall silent. All the noise that they could hear was the music coming from the other booths and the nervous breaths that are coming from the students standing close to Jokers.

     Max waits for a reaction, specifically Jokers' reaction. But just when Krist was about to speak, everyone suddenly gasps and bows in an instant. Clapping sounds were heard in the middle of the silence. Max looks to their right and sees Ren Adachi with the other prince from Pretty Duo, Akihiko Sakuraii.