26: were the ducks

Your outfit is above.

Portman had called me that morning telling me he wasn't coming and Jesse didn't get along with Russ so he just quit out of the blue.

I had my backpack sling over my shoulder as I sat on my porch waiting for my mom and Kevin to hurry up so I could get to school. My mom wouldn't let me skate to school because I have to look presentable so she also made we wear preppy clothes that I wouldn't normally ever wear and I already know my teammates will make fun of me. I hear the sound of skates against the cement and my name yelled. I look ahead to see some of my team skating over as Adam joins them. They stop in front of my house.

Charlie: hey preppy you coming?
You: shut up Charles. And no my mom wants me to look presentable.
Guy: well at least your not wearing a tie.

Guy jokes about Adam's tie that his mom made him wear. I walk over to Adam and give him a quick kiss as my mom walks out of the house with Kevin.

Kevin: Adam!

Hey runs over to Adam and engulfs him in a hug.

Kevin: don't be gross.
Adam: how am I being gross?
Kevin: don't kiss her you have to get married first.
Averman: I tell them that all the time.

I roll my eyes and tear Kevin from Adam's leg and pull him into the car.

You: see you all later.
All: bye!

I get in the car and my mom drops me off at school before Kevin so I hop out quick meeting Ken, Julie, Russ, Luis, and Dwayne as their walking. I squeeze my way between Luis and Dwayne as Luis wraps his arm around my shoulder and Dwayne puts his hat on my head. I don't know what it was but I had a tendency of being like a younger sister to all of the guys and I had no clue why they just treated me that way especially when Adam wasn't around. Say a guy was looking at me one of the guys would wrap their arm around me or stare at the guy. I guess when Adam can't do it everyone else does.

Russ: hey prepster.
You: shut up Russ.
Luis: you look good.
You: so do you your hair looks to greasy though.
Luis: wow thanks.
You: seriously one swipe with a napkin and it's gonna be a whole different colour.

He pokes my side as we continue to walk.

Russ; this schools running low on the brothers quotient.
Julie: yeah. Hey I want to know who this new Coach Orion is. My dad says if I don't like him I can come right home.
Russ: that's nice. My dad said I better stay in on scholarship or he'll wipe my butt.
Luis: you know I heard in the dorm the guy played for the Minnesota North Stars and got suspended for punching out his own coach.
Dwayne: you mean the Dallas stars. I heard he punched out a fan.
Julie: I heard he was a Buddhist you know like kung fu or Richard Green.
Ken: Kung fu wasn't a Buddhist he was a Trappist monk.
Russ: are you talking about the old Kung fu or the further adventures of the new king fu.
Dwayne: y'all watch to much tv
Russ: shoot that's the safest thing to do in my neighbourhood.

We keep walking to the auditorium when someone wraps their arm around my shoulder. I look up to see one of the red jacket kids and I throw his arm off and Dwayne pushes me to the other side of him away from the red jacket boy. We find the auditorium and sit down of course it had to be in front of those boys.

"Hey you know what. You ducks don't belong here at Eden hall."
Russ: what?
Dwayne: hey easy Russ. They probably just think we're someone else. I'm Dwayne we're the new hockey team. And you are?

He sticks his hand out for a handshake but the blonde kid puts his chewed gum into Dwaynes palm as I look at him disgusted.

"Varsity the only hockey team. State champs. You know my little brother lost his JV slot when they brought you yo-yos in here."
Julie: probably wasn't good enough.
"See that's my dad he's gonna get the board to revoke your scholarships. Just you wait."
Russ: that's your dad? Nice outfit did it come with a yacht?