Chapter 1 - My Confusion Level Just Hit Sky High

Start from the beginning

I kneeled in front of Gramma Pepper like I've always done ever since I've grow taller to her, grabbed her hands in mine, and asked, "What is it, Gramma?"

What she said next shocked me to the core.

"You are adopted!"

~~

Everything that happened next was a blur.

I froze there in shock as Gramma Pepper began to ramble about this nice Italian man that asked for a piece of my hair for a DNA test —I don't know how she got that though—, and it came back positive.

Long story short, my biological father adopted me.

Can you even adopt someone who's your own child?

Next thing I knew, Gramma Pepper was hugging me, saying goodbye and telling me to call her soon.

Now here I was, sitting in one of the black SUV's, one in front of us, another behind. Like they were bodyguards or such.

I glanced at the guy beside me. He was the one who was beside Gramma earlier.

Mustering up all my nonexistent courage, I said, "Excuse me, me... Sir?" I stuttered.

Great.

He glanced at me, at least I think he did. He was wearing these large black shades.

"Yes?" Wow, even his voice is as scary as he is!

"Are you... Are you the one who adopted... adopted me?" I question with uncertainty and worry.

"No." Was his mere answer to me.

I visibly sagged my shoulders in relief, but then tensed as I realized that I never knew who my so-called father was.

"May I see a fricture-- Picture! Of him, then? Please?" I squeaked out the last part.

He tilted his head to my face skightly, giving me the impression that he was looking at me. He stayed like that for about twelve seconds before pulling out his phone.

A few taps and swipes later, he showed me a tabloid, where he was.

Instantly, my jaw dropped to the floor of the vehicle.

In the tabloid was an article and a picture of him.

{A/N: Well, I tried

{A/N: Well, I tried.)

Wow. I can not believe this.

My father is the Ricardo Luciano?!

I really don't know if I should be happy or what...

I mean, is he even sure that I'm his actual son?

I'm nerdy, quiet, and shy; while he's... He's... Amazingly rich, strong, confident, and according to what I've heard and now saw, handsome.

Come to think of it, he's always been my idol while growing up.