Chapter 5

"Why? What were you doing alone with him that you got interrupted?"
He asked me and I looked at him shocked.
"What the hell are you saying Umar?"
I said in rage as his words hurted me deeply.
"I'm stating the truth. Weren't you alone with him in the office moments ago?"
He asked me and my blood boiled at his venemous words.

"He was here helping me with the invitations for the party. And yes I was alone with him and you very well know that the relationship I shared with him allow us to be alone with eachother. Also this is a hospital where we come to work not to enjoy like you suppose I'm doing. What the hell is your problem? I'm seeing since we come here you're not letting me talk to him as you always interrupt us or do something. And now you're also accusing me. What the hell do you want?"

I shouted at him barely controlling my rage. It was going on from a month we came here. Altough I was also trying to ignore Hashir and he was doing same to me but I couldn't help notice the way Umar behaved whenever I was around Hashir. He always tried to not let me talk to Hashir. It was okay in start but now it was getting very annoying and frustrating and my all friends noticed it .

He looked down guilty knowing far too well that whatever I was saying was right.
"I'm sorry. I just got angry seeing you alone with him. I shouldn't accuse you like that."
He said in small voice.
I sighed and looked at him.
"Look Umar you need to stop it whatever you're doing. You're my best friend and I would like to keep it that way. Please don't interfere between my and Hashir's relationship. It's our personal matter. And I just want to be left alone right now. Please give me some space"

I couldn't help but be rude to him and he nodded and left the office while I sat down on my chair holding my head. Surely this wasn't I planned to do with my best friend but he infuriated me to no extent. He crossed every limit today by accusing me while he knew far too well that none of it was true. I decided to give us some space. We'll definitely talk this out after I calm down in few days.
............

It was sunday morning. I was sleeping in my room till noon. Sunday was surely a bliss for me always. After doing heavy duty hours I have the responsibility to handle the party too and it was so much work for me. So only sunday was the day where I could relax myself with long hours of sleeping. I was in my own little bubble of sleep when the doorbell rang. I have never hated that thing in my life like I hate it on Sundays.

Groaning I lifted myself up from the bed and opened my door only to be tackled into a bear hug.
"Morning girl why aren't you ready yet. We'll get late for the shopping"
Laiba screamed at me after breaking the hug.
I pity her future husband. He'll definitely go deaf after listening to her continuous screaming.

Since it was sunday we girls have decided to go on the shopping. We had to buy our dresses for the upcoming event which was to be held on next sunday. Since Zohaib hated shopping and I and Umar were not on talking terms we girls decided to go without boys. Mostly Umar used to go with us on shopping. But this time girls knew I was upset with him and I don't wanna talk about it so they didn't protest and silently agreed to go without him.

After having a light breakfast at lunch time I got ready and we went to the nearest mall to buy our dresses.
Aina and Laiba purchased their dresses. I was looking at different dresses but nothing seemed good to me. Suddenly my eyes caught on a red maxi. It was very beautiful with gold colour work on it. It was perfect for the event. I took it and tried it in the washroom. It was indeed looking beautiful on me.

My friends squealed when I showed them the dress. They said it was perfect for me. I bought it and then we went to buy our other accessories. After the shopping was done. It was night time. We decided to do the dinner in the nearby restaurant. We ordered our food after settling in there. Aina and Laiba were arguing over the colour of their dresses and as usual Laiba was teasing Aina by taking Zohaib's name.