Chapter 1

Kianna Whitmore details: I picture Kianna looking like Lucy Hale from Pretty Little Liars, with Carly Rae Jepsen's ocean blue eyes.

My name is Kianna Whitmore, I’m 18 years old, and I live in London, England. I go to college for radio broadcasting. I live in an apartment with my bestfriend Harry Styles. Yes, Harry Styles from One Direction. Our moms were best friends growing up, so naturally we grew up together being best friends. Harry has been on tour with the boys in America for the past couple of months, so I’ve been in our apartment alone.

***

*Kianna’s POV. Middle of August 2012.*

A loud crash comes from the living room. "What the hell was that?" I go over to my closet and grab a baseball bat I keep for protection. I quietly walk down the hall. I turn down the hall into the living room, there’s a guy bending down picking something up from the floor. I come up behind him, he stands up and turns around toward me, he jumps back and yells, I scream and hit the air, completely missing him. The lights turn on. "What the hell is wrong with you Kianna? Do you want to kill me?" Harry is standing in the kitchen. "I thought you were a robber or something! I thought you weren’t coming back until tomorrow?" I throw the bat on the couch. "I said the 17th, pretty sure today is the 17th. Kill me why don’t you? Haven’t seen my best friend for 2 ½ months, and she almost murders me. Not even a hug." Harry scoffs. I roll my eyes and hug him. "Hi Harry. I finally have a room mate again." Harry laughs. "Missed me?" I push him. "Don’t start. What did you break by the way?" I ask him. Harry laughs nervously. "My bad." I walk to the front of the apartment, there’s glass all over the floor. "Harry!" He walks up behind me. "Since when was that there?" He asks. "I put it there when you were gone. Thanks for breaking it." I look over him. "Opa!" Harry says with a smile trying to be cute. I roll my eyes, I’ve known him 18 years, his "charm" no longer works on me. "Don’t worry I’ll clean it. So, why do you look so dressy?" He asks. Oh god... here we go. "I have a date..." I say, not making any eye contact with him at all. "That’s cool. Who with?" Ah shit... I can’t lie. I’m a horrible liar. "You’re going to hate me." Harry looks at me confused. "Why would I hate you?" I sigh. "Well... when you were gone, I started talking with Brendon again..." Brendon is my ex boyfriend, we went out all throughout high school, but Harry never liked him at all. Brendon didn’t like that I would spend all of the time hanging out with Harry, and he was extremely jealous. I found out that Brendon was cheating on me, when I confronted him about it, we got in a huge argument, and he hit me... a lot. He left at least 3 bruises all over my face, and on my body. "Brendon? Brendon as in the douche who cheated on you and beat the shit out of you?" Harry is beyond pissed right now. "He’s changed Harry." "Oh bull shit. You guys will go back our, you’ll piss him off somehow, and he’s going to do the same exact thing that he did last time. But you’re too dumb to see that because he has you under his spell. If he does this to you again, I’ll kill him." Harry is way to protective over me. "He’s not going to hurt me Harry." He scoffs at my comment, "Yeah, whatever." He’s already pissing me off. "Yeah, whatever." I mock him. "I’m so glad that you’re home." I say as sarcastic as I can to him as I walk back to my room. 5 minutes, new record.

*Author's Note:

This is my first story, and I really would love to get people to read it. If you could let people know about my story, that would be great. I also have a Youtube account, search "Brianna Malik-Horan" and you'll find me. Follow me on twitter @Ziall_Horlik_4  Because i follow back <3