30

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Kim Ma-Ra's Pov.
▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Where's Yeo-Reom?" I demanded as Ri-Ya and I raced down the halls of the manor, passing the hustle of our other gang members making preparations for both an attack and to attack.

"She left yesterday evening to visit Park Chan-Yeol, she hasn't returned since," Ri-Ya replied, a small smile tugging at her lips as she revealed the information. 

"Call her," I ordered, accepting the report that was handed to me by Día who looked as sleep deprived as I felt as we stepped into the dining room, "How bad is it?"

Día sighed heavily, "Four dead, twelve wounded, all of them ours. The Black Aces made sure no EXO member was targeted because the reply was for you, not Suho. There's extensive damage to three of our warehouses, a shortage of supplies and a shortage of members—"

"What about the people Xia and Kaya sent?" Ri-Ya asked quickly, "And the ammunition?"

Día shrugged, "The group Xia sent has already suffered severe injuries, so she called them back, but we've already used up the bullets she sent. As for Kaya, her people are still fighting on the line but two are already dead and I have a feeling she'll recall them soon enough too."

I dragged my hand over my face, digging my nails into my eyes, "Wonderful news!"

"There's something else too," Byul continued hesitantly.

"What could be possible worse than what we already have?" I snapped, opening my eyes again to glare at the screen of the phone Día was showing me.

It was a photo of three of my dead outer circle members, their bodies mangled and cut open; beside them was a message written in blood:

'Bring me Kim Yeo-Reom.'

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Kim Yeo-Reom's Pov.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

I woke up to my phone buzzing excessively on the floor, turning in circles as incoming texts and calls flooded it.

The inflatable mattress groaned as I stretched my arm out to pick it up, pausing as the body next to mine shifted slightly, a series of illegible words leaving his mouth before he quietened again. I covered my mouth to stop myself from laughing, going to pick up my phone again and this time managing to turn on the screen.

It was flurry of messages from Ri-Ya, all of them brief and to the point,

Four dead, twelve wounded.

Black Aces retaliation attack.

Are you safe?

Call me when you get the chance.

Kim Re-Won is asking for you.

I drew in a sharp breath, my heart dropping as I wrote back a quick 'I'll be there soon' before turning off my phone again and placing it on the floor. 

There was no natural lighting in the room from any windows, so it looks as dark as always. The neon lights hung up on the walls shined on the floor, dust rising and settling in the air around us as the space heater worked to keep us warm. Chan-Yeol's computers were asleep, their fans making a slight whirling noise and outside, the sound of passing cars floated into my ears. It was perfectly safe and peaceful.