27

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Kim Ma-Ra's Pov.
▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

"I'm sorry, Miss Kim, I really am but I cannot continue this alliance any longer."

I scoffed as I collected the necessary papers into a folder. Kim Jun-Myeon had a certain knack for pissing people off, he hadn't even given a proper reason before ending the call. Did he think I would sit quietly? No way.

"Where are you going?" Ri-Ya asked from the dining table, her one leg crossed over the other, her eyes cast down at her phone as I stormed past her, folder in hand. 

Yeo-Reom was sat in one of the dining rooms window seats, waiting for Byul to come downstairs so they could go patrolling together. She had yet to make amends with either one of us but the fact she even agreed to appear at the manor was a start.

"I'm going to talk some sense into that Kim-motherfucking-Suho," I snapped, pausing in the doorway, my hands raiding my pockets for my keys.

Ri-Ya snorted, putting her phone down on the table, "Delightful idea but unfortunately, I think you're going to have to put it on hold because you have another meeting to attend, one involving our sub-units."

I groaned loudly, slapping my forehead harshly before walking back towards her and slamming the folder down onto the table, "Well someone needs to go and tell Suho to calm the fuck down and have some patience."

Ri-Ya turned around slowly, looking at Yeo-Reom who ignored us both, "She can do it."

Yeo-Reom glanced up, her expression darkening, "I'm patrolling."

Ri-Ya clearly took this as a challenge, raising her brow, "Then I'll assign someone else to patrol. You can do this job for your boss instead."

I winced, "Ri-Ya, drop it. If she doesn't want to, she doesn't have to."

Yeo-Reom glared right back at Ri-Ya, neither of them wavering, "No," She turned her eyes to me slowly, her face betraying nothing of what she was thinking or feeling, "She's right. I should serve my boss like a good little dog. Would you like me to roll over now or later? Will you call me back this time or will you throw me away again?"

Ri-Ya slammed her palm down on the table, her chair dragging backwards on the floor, "How long are you going to hold this grudge?!"

Yeo-Reom ignored her, keeping her attention on me, "Answer the question, Boss. Do you want me to go?"

I bit the inside of my cheek, breaking the eye contact with her first. I knew it wasn't going to be easy getting her forgiveness, but she definitely didn't give any opportunities to gain her favour either. 

Ri-Ya turned to me, her cheeks flushed, motioning for me to say something before she did. I already knew if she did, those words would not be the kind to be taken back simply.

I sighed finally, pushing the folder on the table towards Yeo-Reom, "Go. It'll be good for you to meet EXO properly, we've all had the chance, you should too."

Yeo-Reom threw her legs off the window seat, striding over to the table purposefully, picking up the folder and carelessly tucking it under her arm. "You mean I should meet the people that tried to kill me and failed miserably? I can't imagine a single reason why that wouldn't go well."

I had yet to grow used to her callous nature, I couldn't say I was the biggest fan of her cool attitude or her new tendencies of maintaining a completely blank expression, but I supposed it was inevitable that she would change after two years.