5

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Kim Yeo-Reom's Pov.
▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

In life, there are mainly two types of people. The people that have to work for everything they had, every single day of their lives, exhausted to the bone but still being told they couldn't afford the things they wanted because they weren't working hard enough. Then, there were the people who never had to lift a finger a day in their lives, they're born with a golden spoon in their mouths, never having to worry where their next meal is coming from.

My mouth hung slightly open in disbelief as I looked around Chan-Yeol's garage and he noticed too, grinning from ear to ear and placing one finger under my chin, shutting my mouth, "Don't forget to breathe."

I moved away from his hand, waving him away. Chan-Yeol's garage was dark and modern; the walls were made of black-painted bricks, the space between the bricks lined with bright blue neon lights, the only lighting in the whole building. Gadgets and gizmos littered the walls, most of them hung up for the purpose of repairing cars but others were there just for decoration. I instantly fell in love with the neon lit up vintage gas pump propped up against the back wall beside the row of cars Chan-Yeol had parked opposite the metal exit door and garage gate.

Behind his row of cars was mancave of sorts, with a leather sofa sitting in the middle, with a large TV that had different video games lined up beside it. He didn't have a table though, just a upside down cardboard box with empty wrappers and ramen bowls on top of it. There was another door there as well, the bathroom door as Chan-Yeol informed me and next to the door was a hastily drilled in rack of shelves, full of overpacked boxes and dusty bags.

In front of the cars, Chan-Yeol had set up one large desk with six computers on it and a laptop on the side with three intricate keyboards underneath them all. The screens were dark when I arrived and he sat in the spinning chair casually, looking up at me, "Because it's your first day as my girl, I'm going to test your repair skills on a car. You seem to have grasped bikes well enough, but I get way more cars than I do bikes, so I need you up to speed."

I cringed at his wording, but I still followed along beside him as he gestured for me to follow him to the yellow car parked closest to the exit door. 

I didn't feel the need to tell him that this wasn't my first rodeo in a garage, I'd worked in one before, when I was sixteen, so I knew the basics. 

Chan-Yeol turned around to face me, leaning back against the hood of the car, one of his arms crossing over his chest and his other hand pressing against the top of the hood, "This beauty is a Lamborghini Urus Performante, she has a top speed of three hundred and six kilometres per hour and an acceleration rate of three point three seconds, do you know what that means?"

I stared at him dead-panned, "She goes fast."

Chan-Yeol gasped dramatically, whipping around to cover the car's lights as though they were ears and could hear me, "How dare you!"

"I'm not wrong," I shrugged, rocking on the balls of my feet as I looked further down the aisle at the other cars.

Chan-Yeol groaned, straightening himself out, "She's not just fast! She's one of the most impressive cars in the world, durability and performance wise. Plus, she's relatively cheap, only a quarter of a million dollars."

My eyes grew wide, and I took a step back from the car, "Only!?"

Chan-Yeol's grin returned full scale, "Her fuel distribution pipe is faulty, I want to see you try and fix it."