Chapter 896 - 900

Chapter 896 Lu Li Cooking Sweet Potatoes

Lu Li sat in the alleyway to kill some time, then suddenly heard some sirens.

This was when he remembered that he had forgotten something. The last two hours of the game were the hardest to endure. There was nothing wrong with hiding, but he wasn't supposed to be hiding from these gangsters.

The sirens reminded him that all the police in the city had begun to move too.

Lu Li quickly left the alleyway, but was met with a dead end. If he was caught in a dead end, there would be no escape, not to mention, he couldn't explain why he was there.

After walking back onto the street, a number of police cars rushed past. Apparently, these models were popular around 200 years ago.

Lu Li tried his best to avoid them, because it didn't matter how innocent he seemed. Chances were, he would be stopped and questioned. If he was caught, then all his points would be gone too.

In the beginning, there were only a few cars, but they increased in number.

Lu Li even saw some players who got stopped by the police. They were either exposed and beaten to death, or were killed while running away. Lu Li began to panic.

In this game, Lu Li thought that his biggest advantage was his mentality, then the fact that he was familiar with the rules. All the guides that he had read in his previous life weren't actually too useful – after all, this was a compet.i.tion with many variables.

As he was walking around, a policeman even spotted him. Fortunately, another player nearby suddenly started running, which caused a distraction.

Lu Li had to run further away from the city. All those who were behind him were players who thought they had hid well, but ended up being found and killed. The scenes were horrific.

Dawn was a game that didn't really torture their players, but they still had to attract them in some way.

In this special kind of scenario, they didn't receive any kind of special treatment because they were players.

Some might have thought that this would cause the players to dislike the game, but in fact, these compet.i.tions were extremely popular. The more violent the game was, the more attractive it seemed.

As he was thinking, Lu Li had already run through the entire street.

At the end of the road was an even wider path. Police cars were packed and they even began to invade the homes where the civilians lived. They checked these houses one by one, as if they planned to leave no route of escape for the players.

Lu Li checked the time; there was still about an hour left.

This was when he saw a little stall nearby and his eyes lit up.

There was an old guy who was definitely an NPC, standing in the cold wind as he cooked his sweet potatoes. There was barely anyone out at night, but he had to keep going to survive. He needed to sell his potatoes as quickly as he could – the more he sold, the less he lost.

"I have something to discuss with you," Lu Li said as he walked over and picked up a sweet potato to eat.

"What do you want? It's not right to eat food without paying," the old man responded, staring at Lu Li cautiously. These young men often liked to take things without paying.

It wasn't that they lacked money, but that they enjoyed the feeling of dominating weaker people.

"Here's some money – I want to buy your stall. You can push it back tomorrow morning," Lu Li said as he took out all the money he had with him. This was thousands of dollars; it was all of the money that he had taken in the process and had no value to him.