Chapter 181 - 185

Chapter 181: Thief-Style

There were a number low-grade materials that were difficult to buy, not because their price was too expensive, but because it was too cheap.

For example, the low-grade rocks and metals obtained from mining could sell for 5 copper per set of 20. At this price, most players would just throw them away to save inventory s.p.a.ce.

Players who had just started Forging could level-up their profession by forging equips. In order to advance, they first had to train by forging low-grade rocks. Since these materials were not available on the market, they had to manually mine them in caves, which was a big waste of time.

Lu Li's request could not be any easier, so Half-Life Crystal immediately accepted it.

"I'll put up a quest for low-grade rocks in the Mercenary Hall. Just make sure you get people to do it." Lu Li decided to continue hiding his ident.i.ty.

"Alright, if I need help again I can come find you, right?"

Theoretically, there were many other experts besides Lu Li that wouldn't mind working as a paid hitman. As long as a decent amount of gold was being offered, most players would happily accept it.

For some reason, Half-Life Crystal had developed a strong sense of trust towards her lifesaver.

"It doesn't matter – I can kill anyone."

That same sentence had been ringing in her ears, ever since she had heard Lu Li say it.

She felt a sense of safety when she was on his side, which gave her the confidence to fearlessly face any challenge.

"Like I said before, as long as you can afford it," Lu Li said impatiently.

The newly crafted Maintenance Robot fell apart in his hands again because the material inside had overheated. This was his fourth failed attempt.

"I understand. I'll have the rare materials ready."

Half-Life Crystal was not angry. She actually respected the att.i.tude and confidence that only an expert would have.

Lu Li was very anxious because he didn't know how to break the news of Lu Xin's sickness to her.

His attempt had failed again.

"No wonder there were barely players that specialised in Engineering. G.o.dd.a.m.n useless profession," he thought.

Lu Li decided to stop trying and take a break.

In the meantime, he chose to go and clear his PVP points.

He had gained 4 PVP points after helping Half-Life Crystal, but was able to get rid of one point while being online.

Three PVP points could easily be cleared through a PVP quest, so he decided to enter the Warsong Canyon.

There were many players, NPCs and large monsters in the Warsong Canyon. The drop and EXP rates seemed pretty decent.

Lu Li decided to train here and use up his double EXP time for the day.

A team Evil Faction players were fighting Evil-Eyed Antelopes, which were the most common monster in the Warsong Canyon. However, it was unclear whether they were fortunate or not to be facing a pair of Elite Grade Monsters.

Two LV20 Elite Grade Monsters would be a headache for a small team of 5 players.

Even Lu Li would probably avoid them most of the time.