Chapter 571 - 575

Chapter 571: The Center Of The Secret Area

Its sharp claws grabbed Lu Li's shoulder and pulled down.

Lu Li lost a large chunk of HP, but he refused to admit defeat. He stabbed his dagger deep into the Abyss Undead Bug's eye and twisted it. This attack wasn't enough to blind the target, but it did hit its weak point.

The Abyss Undead Bug let out a cry as it took double damage and lost a significant amount of HP.

Neither man nor beast had the advantage at this point.

The Undead Bug wasn't easy to fight. It had a lot of combat experience and wasn't like the monsters that took turns with the player to attack.

After taking a heavy hit from Lu Li, it fell back and kept some distance between them to prepare itself.

Lu Li already knew that it was going to use its poison, but he didn't rush forwards. Instead, when he saw the attack coming, he quickly drank an Advanced Antidote.

The attack dealt more than 400 damage, but the deadly poison did not trigger.

In fact, his rebirth had completely changed things for him. The knowledge alone allowed him to perform much better than he did in his previous life.

In his last life, he had died to this monster at least a dozen times, but now, he wouldn't make the same mistake.

Although Lu Li's HP and Attack wasn't as much as the Abyss Undead Bug's, he had more skills, more potions and more intelligence.

After a little over a minute, the Undead Bug exploded into pool of blood.

Lu Li had already rolled away before this happened, so the poisonous explosion didn't hurt him.

A lot of players were very wary while they were fighting the Abyss Undead Bug and knew when it was dead because they would receive the EXP.

However, the Undead Bug relied on this and would often kill the player after it had died.

The Undead Bugs were harder to kill and only gave a little more EXP than the lava monster. There was almost no difference in terms of EXP bar growth.

However, the Undead Bug's drops were free for him to pick up.

When Lu Li fought what he suspected was a Boss, he reasoned that it must have dropped some good items. Unfortunately, they had all fallen into the lava and he had no way of getting to them.

Lu Li bent over to pick up what was left of the Abyss Undead Bug.

He picked up an Undead Bug Carapace, which was a Rare Material that was good for making leather armor. Even if a Mold didn't specifically ask for it, it could still be added.

Adding the Undead Bug Carapace would provide some damage reduction properties.

This kind of Rare Material wasn't necessarily needed for any equipment, but adding it would yield some unexpected benefits. Some players thought that this was an exotic kind of material because they were not necessarily dropped by a Boss, but by a specific type of monster.

The Undead Bug had dropped nothing other than the Undead Bug Carapace.

After Lu Li had killed a dozen Undead Bugs and acquired five Undead Bug Carapaces, he decided to leave. He didn't have much time and was bound to be kicked out when he logged off. When he came back online, he might not still be here.

Moreover, there was a display over the secret area that said 1/2, which probably meant that Lu Li only had one more chance to explore afterwards.

He planned to explore as much as he could at this time, but next time, he could be more prepared. The Undead Bug Carapace was good, but five of them was only enough for Lu Li to use.