Chapter 751 - 755

Chapter 751: Trouble in the Lakeside Town

Lu Li had no idea that someone had plans for them – Square Root 3 hadn't told anyone about Ruling Sword.

Neither of them wanted to get money quickly, so they always had an independent negotiating position. They didn't accept any commercial injection of funds, so most companies didn't pay attention to them.

The overbearing president also didn't know that his baby had once again become mixed up with Lu Li.

Because Lu Li had 'generously' shared the farming tower with Water Fairy, she had returned with a quest. It wasn't an official quest, but her Thief mentor was threatened and had asked their disciples to solve the problem.

Water Fairy's mentor was a strong Night Elf Thief who was a.s.sociated with the King of Stormwind. Her Enhanced Backstab had been taught to her by this mentor.

When Lu Li heard Water Fairy mentioned this, he remembered one of the most important sources of enhanced skills – mentors.

These mentors were not the same as an ordinary skill trainer. Skill trainers were public NPCs that everyone could learn basic skills from. However, enhanced skills or ultimate skills were unlikely to be available. Mentors rarely accepted disciples; they often only had a few or one disciple.

Water Fairy's mentor was a man from the Lakeside Town. She had been asked to deliver the letter of introduction to him.

The Lakeside Town was located to the west of the Redridge Mountains. The mountains bordering the Burning Plains in the north had been destroyed. The south was adjacent to the Sorrow Marsh and the Deadwind Pa.s.s, while the west overlooked the beautiful scenery of the Irvine Forest. The reason why the lakeside town was named this way was because of the large Lake Everstill that lay next to it.

Unlike the Crystal Lake in the Elwynn Forest, it accounted for one sixth of the total territory in the entire Red Ridge Mountains, from the lakeside town to the easternmost tower of Illgara. Looking down over the entire Red Ridge Mountains, the shape of the lake was like a dragon without wings.

The waters of the lake were clean and temperate, making it the perfect environment for a variety of aquatic plants and animals. The most famous of these was the Spotted Sun Fish, a species of tender and plump fish. Merchants from other towns would purchase a large proportion of these fish from fishermen at the Lakeside Town.

This lake was also one of the most famous tourist attractions in Azeroth; many gamers liked stopping by here to appreciate its natural beauty.

If you didn't count the players, the population of the Lakeside town was about 2000. The government in place was a democratic system and whenever something happened, a General a.s.sembly would be called.

However, the issue that had arisen this time was so difficult that it couldn't be solved in a General a.s.sembly.

The mayor of the town was a male man who was over fifty years old. His name was Solomon and he was a high-ranking warrior.

"d.a.m.ned Gnolls are up to no good again. The Gnoll activity in the area has tripled recently and I fear they are planning an attack on the town," Solomon sighed sadly.

It was he who had given the letter of introduction to Water Fairy, requesting an armed guard to protect the town.

"What's so scary about Gnolls? Aren't you a high-level warrior? You should be able to protect the town," Lu Li asked as he walked along the road.