Chapter 351 - 355

Chapter 351: Bathran's Hair

Every city had poor people and some form of a slum. As Dawn followed the rules of reality, it also reflected this. The place where Lu Li was standing was equivalent to the Common District.

The Night Elves weren't necessarily the most loving or kind-hearted people.

Pelturas Whitemoon's daughter Little Leila had been lying on a bed for three days. Her fragile, pet.i.te body was curled up and her face showed a bitter expression. Her lips were pursed and her groans were heartbreaking.

Pelturas was once a brave sentinel and had partic.i.p.ated in many fights.

Unfortunately, he had lost a leg in battle and had become disabled. As such, he later left the army and married a poor wife, but the moment his wife gave birth to his daughter, she died of an illness.

On a regular day, Pelturas would go out to the mines in order to find something that could earn some money. This was his ancestral craft.

However, with only one leg, he could barely make living.

His daughter was his everything.

"Poor Little Leila, you're all I have. If you die, why else should I keep on living?" Pelturas had planned to rush to the Temple of Fire in the hope of gaining some reward. Hopefully, he could earn enough to get the Doctor's shot in order to save his daughter.

"Excuse me, is there anyone here?"

Just as Pelturas picked up his crutch and was about to leave, he heard someone knocking at the door.

Upon opening the door, found a Thief who had his face covered and who was equipped with leather armor.

Pelturas had no affection for Thieves and said impatiently, "Who are you? Why are you here?"

"I'm following Remulo's instructions," Lu Li sighed. "I've come to solve your troubles sir."

"Remulos?" Pelturas' eyes widened as he spoke. "The Moon G.o.ddess must have heard my prayers; my Little Leila can finally be saved! Can you heal her?"

Lu Li took two steps forwards and looked at the pale girl on the bed before shaking his head.

"Sorry, I'm not a doctor."

"How can this be?" Pelturas felt like he had been cheated; this stranger couldn't help him after all. How could he claim that he was going to solve his troubles then? No, this wasn't a "trouble" – this was Little Leila, his only family.

"I can go find a doctor."

Lu Li's hand turned over and revealed a stack of gold coins.

Pelturas let out a long sigh.

A doctor wasn't difficult to find; you just needed to have the money. After forking out 20 gold, they managed to invite a man called Evena Stillwhisper. He was Astrana's best doctor and wouldn't see a poor person under normal circ.u.mstances.

Evena carefully diagnosed Little Leila and spoke verbosely about how she was malnourished.

Pelturas looked guilty.

"Alright, I've got some idea of the cause." After taking the money, he quickly concluded his examination. He pondered for a moment before saying, "I think this illness isn't purely physical. Has she been to an evil place recently? Or, Pelturas, have you brought back something contaminated with evil lately?"

Pelturas thought for a moment before he pulled out a sword from the bottom of the bed.

The long sword was rusty, but if it was repaired, it could be sold to the blacksmith for a few silver coins.