Chapter 401 - 405

Chapter 401: Holding The Team Back

Lu Li and the others soon arrived at the main hall of the Interrogation building.

There was even more fresh blood here than outside, and the walls were covered on all sides with skull lamps that had a flickering green flame within them. Tortured yells could be faintly heard, which were either from people or souls from the past.

Interrogator Vishas was nothing like Sakura Memories had thought. He was cute when he was young, but that was no longer the case.

When Lu Li and the other saw him, he had just stripped a prisoner of some skin and was rubbing some salt into their wounds. The prisoner made a shrill cry in agony.

Vishas looked quite elegant and moved with grace; he even had a gentle smile on his face.

However, this wide contrast only served to make the players feel even more uncomfortable.

"The person who designed this character must have been a pervert," Azure Sea Breeze concluded.

"What kind of game designer isn't a pervert?" Wandering thought differently.

"My brother wants to study game design," March Rain couldn't help but laugh.

Lonesome Flower maintained a cold expression and said nothing. He must have been silently thinking of a way to exact revenge on these two people who had insulted his future profession.

"Alright, let's not waste time," Lu Li interrupted them, unable to stand it any longer. "This is Vishas – he is a Warlock and his most powerful skill is an area of effect burn. It will affect five players each time and if you are hit by it, you need to get rid of it as immediately."

There were several Magic professions that could instantly remove debuffs. In the Xin Xin Mercenary Group, there was a Priest, a Shaman and a Paladin.

March Rain, Sakura Memories and Wandering were each responsible for two of their teammates. If they couldn't remove the buff at the time, they were to cast a damage reduction skill instead.

As for Lu Li, he had Shadow Cloak, which not only removed debuffs, but also made him invulnerable to Magic for a period. He also had Gale Steps which gave him a window of invincibility. With both of these things combined, he didn't need anyone to protect him.

Five minutes after the fighting began, Vishas' HP had dropped by more than half. He didn't have that much HP left.

At this time, he began to use his area of effect burn skill.

In Lu Li's previous life, he had started the Scarlet Monastery when everyone was over level 30. At that time, the game had already been out for a year and the strategies were already solidified. Their higher levels and stronger equipment also meant that they could more easily resist the burn.

Additionally, the game company had weakened all the Instance Dungeons.

To put it simply, the current effect of the area of effect burn was far beyond Lu Li's expectations. In his previous life, he had no problems with it, but now, he realized that it was going to be a struggle.

The first time it was cast, Sakura's whole team was burning, including herself. If everyone's levels were a little higher, they could have just put out the fires one at a time.

However, when Sakura Memories saw that her team was burning as well, she was shocked for a moment and didn't know what to do.

Sesame Rice Ball was one of the main DPS players, so she reasoned that he should be put out first. However, by the time she came to a decision, she hadn't put herself out, so she was the first to die.