Chapter 406 - 410

Chapter 406: The Couple (1)

All the monsters were cleared after a few minutes and those who were dead were resurrected.

Lu Li and the others entered the cathedral and began their journey towards Renault Mograine.

"Isn't it supposed to be Whitemane?" Wandering asked in confusion.

Based on the background history that Lu Li had described, Whitemane and Mograine were a couple whoch controlled the Scarlet Crusade together. In terms of authority, Whitemane, the attorney general, had less power than this Scarlet Crusade Commander that currently stood before them.

"Congratulations everyone! We're going to try a challenge; we'll be facing two bosses at once," Lu Li announced as he clapped his hands, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

Clang!

Azure Sea Breeze was stunned; his weapon had dropped onto the floor.

He wasn't the only one who was shocked – no one was able to remain calm after they heard the news. Lu Li was the only exception since he already knew.

"After Renault killed his father, he felt quite mentally unstable, but Whitemane was the only person who knew of this. They stayed together in this cathedral and comforted each other, so the system also made sure that they would battle together," Lu Li explained, laying out his hands to demonstrate his innocence.

Blame the system – this was all the system's fault.

"Lu Li, do you realize you're playing with fire?" Even Lonesome Flower, who was always stone cold, couldn't resist the urge to complain at Lu Li. The dungeon was hard enough already and they had to choose Nightmare mode. It was as if they had a death wish.

"Don't worry, we can do it," Lu Li encouraged.

Everyone felt like he was making these claims with no backup, but he was actually stating the truth. Indeed, in Nightmare mode, Vishas had caused them quite a bit of trouble. They had wiped three times before they finally cleared the stage on the fourth trial.

However, Lu Li never fought a losing battle; he wouldn't have chosen Nightmare mode if they had no chance at all.

"Tell us what to do."

Eventually, they stopped worrying. After all, they had already killed the first boss, so they can't reset the dungeon mode anymore for this week.

"I'll tell you guys the basic rules first. Firstly, we'll be facing this commander Mograine. We kill him first..." Lu Li began to strategize with his team.

"Wait, you're telling us that Whitemane won't do anything before we kill the commander? How does this count as facing two bosses?" Wandering was confused by Lu Li's explanation.

"You can think of it that way as well. Before we kill the commander, Whitemane won't appear. After we kill the commander, she'll walk out from behind the halls and resurrect Renault..."

"Can we interrupt the resurrection?" Azure Sea Breeze asked hopelessly.

"What do you think?" Lu Li shook his head and continued, "From then on, it'll be two bosses."

"Which one am I responsible over? Is it a lot of pressure?" Wandering asked.

"You're in charge of Whitemane. She's a Priest, so her damage is lower. What you need to watch out for is her Shadow Word. That's a spell effect and you need to dispel the effect in time. The other skills you need to watch out for are her healing skills; you have to interrupt them in time..."