Chapter 426 - 430

Chapter 426: Luring An Enemy Out Of Their Territory

Lu Li was still in shock as he held Captain Sanders' Treasure Map and watched Ithania walk towards Rattan City. Eventually, Water Fairy appeared before him.

"Did you get it?" she asked Lu Li eagerly.

"Did you hear the System prompt?" Lu Li responded as he slowly turned and stepped towards the direction of Theramore's Fall.

"Does the whole world now know that you have a Treasure Map now?" Water Fairy was a little envious, but she also had some concern in her voice.

"Yep, the whole world knows now," Lu Li said as he rubbed his head, feeling a headache coming on.

The Treasure Map was definitely valuable, but it was a hotly contested item – once a player got it, it would be announced to everyone else in the world.

The worst part was that players could inquire as to where the Treasure Map currently was. This was part of the adventure system.

Fortunately, Lu Li wasn't an ordinary player, but this was still going to cause him a headache.

"Is there someone coming to kill us?" Water Fairy asked.

"If someone else received a Treasure Map, would you go after them?" Lu Li responded.

"Probably. I think the System wants people to try, otherwise, why would it broadcast it to the whole world?" Water Fairy was smarter than most of Lu Li's teammates.

That was exactly right, the System wanted to encourage the players to interact.

"Get ready. We're going to find the treasure."

Lu Li wasn't afraid of anyone and he wasn't going to give up the Treasure Map. Those who wanted to contend with him for the Treasure Map needed to ask themselves if they could deal with the Shard of the Defiler.

Wandering and Square Root 3 also saw the news and quickly sent a message asking if he wanted help.

Lu Li directly rejected them – finding the treasure only required luck. This wasn't a problem that could be solved with more players, in fact, it would overcomplicate it. If there were only two Thieves, it would be harder for others to find them.

As for Water Fairy...

He had partied up with her in the beginning to do this quest, but rescuing Ithania was her idea. Now that they had the Treasure Map, of course she would want to find it together.

"Let's see what the Treasure Map says. There should be some clues!" Water Fairy suggested enthusiastically.

"Don't be so excited; act with a bit more reserve."

"Aiya, this is a Treasure Map. The legends say that it can turn an ordinary person into an extremely wealthy person overnight!"

s they grew closer, Lu Li realized that Water Fairy wasn't always cold and was often just like an ordinary girl. She was just a little prettier and had a bit more money.

Lu Li couldn't help but burst her bubble. "Don't think too much about it. How can a game company make you extremely wealthy?"

"Wow, you really are taking this calmly," Water Fairy said defiantly.

"I'm sure there will be something good; this is a Treasure Map after all."

Given the way the Treasure Map had been treated by the System, it definitely wouldn't just be a few silver coins.