Date Plans

Catra's POV

"So what do you say, do you want to go on a date tonight?" I asked.

Please say yes. Please say yes.

"Of course," she said

I'm trying so hard to refrain from squealing in joy.

"Where are we going to go?" She asked me

Shit. I didn't think I would get this far.

"That's a surprise, Princess," I said.

A surprise for both of us.

I kissed her, grabbed my shirt, and then I left her room. I immediately ran to Lonnie's room.

"Bitch."

"What the hell? Why did you just barge in here?" Lonnie asked me

"I asked Adora to go on a date with me and I need you to help me plan" I spoke with such speed it sucked the air out of my lungs.

"Weren't y'all just fucking last night? Do you really need assistance to plan a date?" she asked me

"WHY WOULD YOU..." Damn it, Sparkles. "Uhg. We didn't do anything after Glimmer saw us, we just got caught up in the moment. Now I really don't want to mess things up with her. So will you please, just help me?"

"What do you need?"

Lonnie and I spent the next few hours planning out where I am going to be taking Adora.

"What about the beach?" I asked.

"It gets too cold at night this time of year"

"Right, Uhm... Dinner and a movie?"

"If you're trying to be basic, yeah"

"Okay, so what do you suggest? What would be a good first date?"

"Why not do something that keeps your attention to fill the moments you don't feel like talking to each other, like the comedy club? They serve food there too"

Going to the comedy club isn't a bad idea actually. Adora and I could talk whenever we wanted to but any awkward silence we could just chalk up to listening to the jokes. Plus it isn't as formal as most of the restaurants around town.

"Thanks, Lonnie, that actually sounds like a good idea"

I went to Adora's room and told her real quick that she shouldn't worry about eating dinner, and to dress casually then I went to get Lonnie and dragged her to my room.

"What now?" she said, slightly annoyed.

"Now, I need you to help me figure out what to wear."

Adora's POV

I spent the day scared as hell. Catra and I are going on a date tonight. I asked her where we are going, she said it's a surprise.

Glimmer is helping me to get ready.

"What am I going to wear?" I asked, my fear and frustration clearly showing

"Didn't she tell you to dress casually?" She asked

"Yeah, but what the hell does that even mean? Do I dress like I would for a party? What if she wants to take me out to the beach? What about..."

"Adora! Relax, I'm sure jeans and a T-shirt is fine. It's too cold for the beach at night and it's not like she's going to take you to a club or something. Why are you so freaked out about this?"

"I'm just worried. What if something goes wrong and she realizes that she doesn't actually like me? What if she realizes that I'm not good enough for her?"

I felt Glimmer smack me upside the head.

"What was that for?"

"She knows you better than anyone. She likes you, even with your stupid little hair poof. I don't think there's anything you could do that would change that, especially not in one night. You just need to calm down"

"I know, thank you Glim"

I finished getting ready. Throwing on a red striped shirt and blue skinny jeans. I hope this is what she meant by casual.

Timeskip brought to you by my inability to write a decent plot transition. Still Adora's POV

I walked down the stairs to see Catra waiting for me. She's wearing tight slightly ripped jeans and a nearly transparent white crop top with a black bra underneath and her riding jacket.

Is she trying to kill me?

Catra's POV

I see Adora walking down the stairs. I half expected her to overdress considering how panicked she sounded through the walls. I'm glad Sparkles talked some sense into her because even with such a simplistic outfit my mind was blown. I don't think I would survive her putting even more effort to look nice.

"Well hot damn, Princess," I said, hoping it would fluster her.

"Oh hush," Adora said, a blush engrossing her face.

Has it always been this easy to make her flustered?

"Are you ready to go?" I asked her

"Take me away, Prince Charming," She said, holding out her elbow in a gesture for me to take it.

Tonight is going to be fun, I can tell already.