Afterward

3rd Person POV:

"She is quite the fighter, that one"

"We will just have to take her out of the equation. Catra will see the light again"

Catra's POV

Adora and I are walking out of the comedy club. Our hands intertwined. I can feel the swell in her knuckles. I knew she was strong, but that was something else. To see her so angry and willing to fight was something I never expected to see.

"Your chariot awaits," I say letting go of her hand and handing her a helmet. She took it hesitantly, looking down at the ground.

"Are you okay, Adora?"

"I'm sorry about what happened inside. I lost my temper when I saw that it was making you cry. I felt like..."

"Adora, you big dope. It's okay. It was kind of sweet seeing you stand up to that guy." I said with a smile.

"Now get on the bike, we gotta get home before Sparkles thinks I kidnapped you."

Soon enough we were back home. And as I guessed, Sparkles was waiting not so patiently at the door.

"Soooooo...How was your date????" She asked. Why must she be so nosey?

I turn to Adora.

"I'm pretty tired. I'm going to go head up to bed." I give her a quick kiss and head up the stairs to her room. I hear them continue to talk. I'm sure she'll join me soon.

Adora's POV.

"Soooooo...How was your date????" Glimmer asked right as we walked through the doors.

Catra tells me she is going to bed and gives me a kiss. I need to get up there soon. I don't want her sleeping alone after what happened tonight.

"Well, are you going to tell me any of the juicy details or are you just going to stare at Catra's ass as she walks up the steps?" Glimmer asks teasingly

"Uhg I AM NOT...I'm just worried about her. We kind of had a long night."

"How so? Don't tell me you did it in the comedy club!"

"No, no, nothing like that. There was this one douchebag towards the end that started saying homophobic and transphobic jokes and because it was upsetting us we decided to leave early but he caught us leaving and targeted us as a joke, and I kind of..." I veered off

"Did what?" She asked.

"I may have tackled him? And might have also punched him a few times."

"Oh my God, Adora! I know he was an asshole but you can't just go around punching people you don't like!"

"It wasn't like I was just hitting him for making shitty jokes! He made Catra cry! He was attacking us directly! I had to do something. I wouldn't have done it if he had just let us leave peacefully"

"I know, I just, I don't want you getting arrested for assault. Do you know how much mom would freak out if the cops show up here?" She continued.

Shit. What if the cops do show up? Hell, that guy probably won't want to admit he got his face bashed in by a girl.

"I'm sorry, I won't punch bigots where people can see me next time," I said with a laugh, making Glimmer chuckle as well

"You better get up there, before she gets lonely" Glimmer told me.

"Alright. Goodnight, Glim," I said as I ran up the stairs.

Catra's POV

I lay still with my eyes closed, unable to move. I feel the restraints tied around my body. The cold table underneath me.

How the hell did I get here?

My heartbeat is rising. My blood rushing through my veins faster and faster. I start to struggle against the restraints.

"Now, child. What good do you think panicking will do for you?"

I was hoping I would never hear that voice again. I open my eyes

"Why did you take me?"

"You already know why my child"

I feel the pads being placed against my skull. I start to squirm. I'm Hyperventilating.

"No, please, no!" I close my eyes bracing for the shock

But it doesn't come.

The cold table on my back is replaced with warmth. The restraints are replaced with the feeling of secure arms.

Was I dreaming?

The feeling of the pads on my temples was replaced with the feeling of Adora's lips against them. I hear her words in my dream world.

"Calm down Kitten, I've got you"

I'm safe. And it's because of Adora.

Adora's POV

I made my way into my room and saw that Catra was already asleep. I decided to go take a shower.

The soap burned against the scrapes on my knuckles.

I really lost my temper today. I don't think I've ever been that angry. How can someone act like that? What's the point of making fun of other people's existence? We weren't doing anything to him. Yet he decided to pick us out just because we left holding hands. And making Catra cry...God just the memory of that has my blood boiling.

Once I made it out of the shower I noticed Catra tossing and turning. She started hyperventilating.

"No, please, no!" I hear her say.

I rush over to the bed and wrap my arms around her, trying to calm her down. I feel her heartbeat slow down and her breathing regulate. I kiss her head

"Calm down Kitten, I've got you," I say to her. I have no idea if she can hear me, but I hope she will.

Once she was fully relaxed and I knew for sure she wasn't in another nightmare, I fell asleep.