CHAPTER NINE

Akiaria - Right now; The Present
I yawned lightly and opened my eyes, all I saw was an array of colored feathers of blue, white, and black. I giggled lightly, I know it's Hydron. 'I mean, who else would have feathers in a world of dragons?', I thought, before I tried my best to get out of her big grip and stood up, dusting some dirt off my clothes. Then I quietly started a conversation with Hydron.

"Hydron..?"

"Yeeeessssssss....?"

"What time is it?"

"12:00... Why?"

My eyes widened and I stared at her in disbelief once Hydron finished getting up. She looked at me confused, and tilted her head. "What?", she had said. "Did I really, really sleep that long?", I responded, glaring at her.

"...Yes."

I sighed and then mumbled, "I hate you."

"I love you too." was her joking reply. I glared at her playfully. "Whatever, lets just go." I said, and rolled my eyes. I eventually started walking away. "HEY! WAIT FOR MEEEE!!!" Hydron screamed, running after me as I eventually ran away laughing, screaming playfully, "YOU CAN'T CATCH MEEEE!!!". It was almost like I just forgot about the world. Until I encountered a quote-unquote.. 'Angry' Monstrous Nightmare. I froze entirely in my tracks, and so did Hydron. "This one's a Titan Wing, isn't it?".. "Yep."
-
Play the song THE PHOENIX by Fall Out Boy now if you want to
-
"Thor, damnit, AKI, RUN!" Hydron shouted and I jumped onto her back and she flapped her feathery wings as fast as she can. "Come on, girl, we can- We can outrun the Nightmare.. We can do this." I had quietly whispered as she sped up, trying her ultimate best to outrun the M. Nightmare (Monstrous Nightmare).

"Okay, Hy-hy, I know you're going to say that it's entirely my fault that we got into this situation, but we really have to go a bit faster, the dragon's getting closer!" I said with jumbled words as if I was speaking very, very fast. Mentally slapping myself, I commanded Hydron as we weaved through trees, rocks, mountains, viking villages (actually only around Berk), and clouds, trying to outrun the Nightmare. Some of the spins and dives were too close to death and some of the tree space were too narrow! Ugh. The sea stacks were very hard to avoid.. Aki, damnit, focus!

"Hydron! Hydron, can you hear me? We have to get out of here. Now!", I screamed, there was no response othee than a gentle squawk and we were off like a Night Light dragon very high on dragon nip. We weaved through a few more sea stacks in panic, I guess you could say that we were.. Ugh, whats the word again? Oh, yeah, panic-stricken... Wait a minute.. FOCUS. STOP IT AKI, YOU HAVE TO FOCUSSS!

I took a couple of deep breaths - not really as deep as the ocean though, maybe just five seconds of a deep breath - and I looked like I was calm on the outside- If my face and my expression didn't give it away. We rise up to the clouds and we can hear no more wing beats. It was probably confused why would we go there, but then we took the chance to dive downwards and we suddenly took a sharp turn up, driving some of the water upwards from the ocean, and we weaved through more sea stacks as a safety precaution just in case the M. Nightmare was still chasing us. Once we landed back at the village I exhaustedly stepped off Hydron's back, and mumbled, "Come on, Hydron.. I think we both need another rest after this. I promise I'll get you food later.", and Hydron just squawked at me. I rolled my eyes and walked off, tired. I froze in my tracks when Hydron's beak stopped me from going any further. "Aki, look, the Great Hall's doors are open, and the lights are on.", she started with a tired gaze. I sighed.

"We'll deal with that later, as I said so.. Now, come on."

"But- Aki, don't you want to investigate it?"

"No. We'll do that later." My confident voice and final sentence stopped Hydron from going any further, and we just walked off in total silence. Comfortable silence, should I dare to say.

722 WORDS