CHAPTER FOUR

Akiaria - Right now; The Present
"Well, uh, what are you doing here? You are near your village, right?" I had asked, and the answer that he responded with, was not really the answer I've expected, or even desired.

"Well, yeah, Berk is actually only one day away by boat, and five hours away by dragon-back."

"BERK?!"

"Yes, Berk."

"MY OLD BEST FRIEND, FLASHBACK THE NIGHT FURY, WAS SHOT DOWN ON THAT ISLAND!" I had basically screamed.

At this, Toothless' ears perked up, it seemed like it was with 'familiarity' or something, and Hiccup's calm expression turned into a shocked, surprised, and guilty expression.
-
Hiccup - A few months ago, specific amount was not specified; The Past
"Come on, give me something to shoot, give me something to shoot.." I was chanting the words over and over, changing the direction of my shooting weapon, when finally I saw.. the Night Fury itself. I shot it down, and I exclaimed happily, "Yes! I hit it! I hit it! Did anybody see that?!" I turned around a saw a Monstrous Nightmare, and I began running off, trying to escape its flames.
-
Akiaria - Right now; The Present
"H-Hiccup? Are you okay? You're spacing out." I stated in a 'calm' - not really a calm one, I can admit - expression, waving my left hand infront of his face, trying to get his attention and get himself out of his dream world. He must be in deep thought or he's just probably having a sudden flashback. Yeah, probably the second one. Actually, no, scratch that. It's ONE HUNDRED PERCENT the second one.

"Hiccup! ARE YOU OKAY?!" I said it louder, but he didn't seem to snap out of it. I sighed heavily, and just stared at his despondent body and expression. "Ugh. How deep is this flashback that he's seeing?" I complained, grumbling.

"Probably as deep as Yggdrasil's roots." I heard Hydron answer. I just huffed at her, "It was supposed to be an obvious question without you answering it. Also, seriously, why did you have to include Yggdrasil into this? He's just a- A tree!"

"Yggdrasil is not just 'a tree'!"

"A legendary, mythical tree, associated with the gods, yes I know that, Hydro, but please can we just focus on snapping Hiccup out of this- Out of- Wait.. What do you call it again.. Trance?"
-
Hiccup - Right now; The Present
Eventually, I got snapped out of the flashback, by Akiaria's hand waving infront of my face. My eyes widened and I apologized profusely, actually a ton of times, like five or seven. I calmed down when Aki said, "It's fine, just.. I would, uh.. Like a visit to this 'Berk' that you spoke of earlier, you know, after uh.. Two years?"

I sighed and said, "Sure, you can come back with us to Berk.. Uh.. I can call you Aki, right?" And then, I heard Akiaria respond with.. "Sure, you can do that. Just, maybe not Hydron. Don't call her Hy or Hy-hy, thanks!", and I smiled brightly.
-
Akiaria - Right now; The Present
"So, uh.. Lead the way, H!" I shouted as we - both me and Hiccup, including Toothless and Hydron too - were now in the sky, and we were flying steadily, it kind of was uh.. Boring, I guess.. In a good way! 'Actually, now that I think of it.. It actually kinda is boring.. Well, not in a bad way.. In a good way, you know? Like I know this is boring, but uh, I'm glad it kind of is boring... Well... You probably don't get it.' I had been thinking that this entire flight.

604 WORDS