Let's go back to home

The next morning, when Tonks woke up in her hospital bed, her eyes met the sight of Remus sitting on his bed, his back against the wall, Teddy's attached to his chest, baby's little head against Remus' shoulder. Tonks lifted her head off the pillow and watched them with a smile. Remus's lips carried a smile full of happiness and love as he holds his son. Tonks stretched herself and yawned widely before slowly getting out of bed and walking next to Remus' bed.

,,Good morning, Dora, "Remus said with a smile, stretching out his hand to Tonks to lead her to bed next to him.

,,Morning, darling, "Tonks replied, kissing Remus' cheek," How are you? "

,,Everything is wonderful, my dear, I've had a pretty nice morning with Teddy. Andromeda visited us here in the meantime, bringing milk and diapers to Teddy from the maternity ward. So we ate, and now we're waiting for sleep to come again, he has been such a good boy, "

,,It sounds like a wonderful morning, darling, but I was meaning how do you feel physically." Tonks said softly, placing her head on Remus' free shoulder. 

,,I'm fine, chest hurts a little, but that's okay. I think I'll be able to get out of bed soon, "

Remus adjusted his hand so that he could hug both his son and his wife, and then tilted his head so that it rested on Tonks' pink-haired head. 

It was a feeling reminiscent of heaven. Feeling that everything is perfect and can't get any better. It was as if another drop of golden joy had been added to happiness, and a cup full of happiness began to flow over. Like the warm and soft chocolate cake that came out of the oven, with whipped cream and fresh wild berries and blueberries. Like a flower that never withers or a ship that doesn't sink even in the biggest storm. 

After a while, healers entered the ward, bringing Remus and Tonks their breakfast and medicine, and taking Fred to another treatment procedure. After they left, they ate a little, neither had much appetite for the hospital's depressing food. A short time later, Teddy began to whimper quietly against his father's shoulder, and Tonks thought it was time to change his diaper and wash the boy a little under the bathroom faucet. So Remus was left alone, and he thought it would be great to take advantage of that time and try to get out of bed. Quietly, he pushed his feet down from the edge of the bed and placed them firmly against the ground, gaining support from the table, he stood up carefully. At first, he felt it would be wiser to sink back into bed, as his legs seemed to feel like two over-cooked spaghetti. But not giving in to the temptation, he tried to take his first step. It was hard, it was like he had to learn to walk again. He took the next step, this time letting go of the table. 

,,Ouh ... "he muttered as if his knees had almost given up to his weight, but at the last moment, before he could fall, he grabbed for support from the table," Even Teddy would walk better, "

,,Remus, is everything okay, I heard voices? "Remus heard Tonks shouting, the bathroom door opened, and with a worried look, Tonks stepped out, holding a wet and naked Teddy in her arms," Remus, what are you doing? "Tonks ran to him, and helped Remus sit back on the bed, "Don't you think it's too early to get out of bed?"

,,I just thought I could do it, "Remus replied with a sigh, wiping his hand over his face.

Tonks sighed, and sat next to Remus on the edge of the bed, graciously holding his hand,"Remus darling, don't push yourself to the line where you would get hurt. You don't have to get strong again right now, give yourself a little time. "

,,I want to be strong now, to be next to you as a man who you deserve, "

,,You are stronger than you can ever imagine." she looked into his eyes with a hopeful look, eyes shining like fresh ice," Hey, isn't that strong enough for you to be a man who wakes up after a one and a half week of coma and the first thing he dis was feeding his son and changing baby's diapers."