Chapter 54 || Bomb

Start from the beginning

"Anna!" Adrian and Kaden both enter into the abandoned building.

I reach out for the camera lying on the floor. Kaden and Adrian flock around me, looking at the camera.

I close my eyes as Luna begins to scream in pain. "Luna's in the same building," Adrian declares. "She's in the same building. You can tell by the view from that window over there. It's broken in a star shape. I noticed a star shaped hole in a window when we were walking inside."

"You'll never..." Ava starts wincing in pain. She's not in enough pain. "You'll never get her out of there. Unless you have me."

Adrian looks at her with obvious disgust. "Someone get her up there."

"You carry-" Kaden gets cut off by Adrian's glare.

"The only person I carry up the stairs is Bailey," He snaps before quickly making his way up the creaky stairs of the building.

"Blake, take her hands and I'll take her legs," Anna orders. I sigh before wrapping my arms around Ava's arms, lifting her hard enough to hear a pop in her shoulder. You don't drug pregnant women.

That's just messed up. Ava deserved all the pain she was getting and more. Anna and I hoist her up the stairs, as Adrian stops near a door. He kicks open the door and I drop Ava on the ground before we rush towards Luna.

I felt a sick twist in my stomach when I saw Luna's eyes close and her breathing ragged. She wasn't just tied to a chair. There was a heavy metal bracelet on her wrist which was... counting down! What kind of sick person is Ava?!

"I have the code. All I need for Adrian to do is order his men to murder Bailey," Ava smiles sinisterly through her bloodied face. "And promise me that he'll marry me."

"Blake, hack into her bracelet!" Anna cries out. "You can do that, can't you? There's no place to type the code on here which means it's connected to something else. You can hack into that device right?"

"There's two more minutes left, Anna. And I don't have my computer..."

"No, no no no. You said we have an hour left!"

"Without the bomb, an hour. With it, not even two minutes," Ava replies, her eyes glinting with evil.

"That's my fucking nephew," Kaden growls out before kicking Ava in the ribs. "I was born and raised in the mafia unlike them," He whispers dangerously, yanking her up onto her feet and pinning her against the wall.

"I know how to pluck people's eyes out without causing a single bruise on their face. I know how to rip fingernails out. I will ruin your pretty face if you don't tell me the code."

"I won't tell you," She whispers back. I feel my heart begin to pound against my chest when the timer goes down less than a minute.

Kaden slams her one last time into the wall before running a hand through his blonde hair. "Okay, Ava. I promise I'll marry you," Adrian speaks up. "I promise." Oh no. Fucking hell, no. We were doing this for Bailey and Adrian. Ava can't get what she wants. I look at Adrian, who looks surprisingly calm about all of this. Seeing him calm made me very angry.

"Order your men to kill Bailey," She demands.

"There's thirty more seconds left!" Anna panics. My heart starts to race faster as I feel Anna's nails dig into my wrist.

Adrian flips out his phone and calls one of his men. "Kill Bailey," He commands into the phone. "I want you to kill her." I feel my fists clench in anger as I glare at Adrian. He was just going to kill her? Like that? Either there's a twist I'm not understanding or Adrian has completely lost his mind.

"Adrian have to fucking lost it?" I growl, but he doesn't say anything.

Ava smirks, before pulling out a remote from her pocket and pressing a button that stops the timer and unlocks the bracelet. Anna instantly removes the bomb from her wrist and tosses it powerfully into a corner.

I notice Adrian's hands linger around his waist, which is where he keeps his gun.

"Luna, it'll be okay," Anna whispers to a conscious Luna. She's not knocked out, she's still awake but she's barely breathing. "We need to carry her out. She has about thirty minutes left, we need to get her to a hospital."

Kaden didn't think twice before lifting Luna up in a comfortable position for her and her baby. "Then let's get going," He states, determined. Anna rushes after him.

I linger around, to see what Adrian's playing at. Ava limps over to him and I get ready to put a bullet in her head. He belongs to Bailey, you witch!

"You promised, baby. You're mine now."

Adrian pulls out his gun and points it at her head. Ava's dark face almost instantly drains itself of its color. "Y-you can't kill me! Mafia leaders never break their promises."

"Promises mean nothing to me, Ava. I didn't give you my word and I didn't strike a deal with you. I most certainly don't love you."

"Y-you can't..."

"I'm not going to give you my sympathy. I will give you my bullet," His finger presses on the trigger, and I look around for the popcorn. Damn. Why couldn't this happen in a movie theatre?

A bullet pierces through her head as it dramatically rolls back and hits the wall before her body collapses on the ground. He turns to me. "That was the most dramatic ex-girlfriend shit."

"What about Bailey?"

"I'll call it off."

"What if it's too late?"

"I purposefully called the person farthest from Bailey. I told him specifically to kill her, so I can call it off before anything bad happens to her. I got this Blake."

"I was about to kill you."

He chuckles in response before calling Bailey's murder off.

"Now let's go solve the rest of our problems," I announce. 

————

a/n: i'm tired. this was blake's pov yayyyyy! sorry if it was kind of dry or lack of dialogue haha... or humor this was kind of a serious chapter 😭

anyway, i hope you liked it :) thank you so much for reading! YAY AVA'S DEAD!! 

i love you!! ♥️