•six•

it was hoseok's least favorite part of the year: school spirit day

the day where freshmen all the way to seniors dress in their class colors and spend the afternoon in the gym, screaming and competing against one another in multiple games.

hoseok hated school spirit days. he'd always just sneak away to the old music room except for sophomore year when namjoon practically begged him to stay in the gym with him.

he couldn't handle everyone jumping around on the bleachers, the pushing and shoving, the screaming that left his ears ringing, none of it.

so dressed up in a simple blue sweater tucked into a plaid black and blue skirt (he may have not liked school spirit days, but he still dresses up in his class colors), hoseok makes his way to yoongi's classroom. the older wasn't a fan of the wildness in the gym either, and offered hoseok to stay with him during the rest of the afternoon.

he opens up the lecture hall door to see yoongi setting up some games he brought from home at his desk, "yoongi?"

"hey seok, come in. i'm getting uno set up so i can absolutely dominate you in it."

or.. you could dominate me in other ways.

with a blush, hoseok closes the door behind him and sits in the chair yoongi has already pulled up for him.

"you look nice." yoongi mentions as hoseok evens out his skirt.

"thank you, it's your favorite color right?" hoseok smiles shyly at yoongi who sits down across from him.

"yeah, it is, and it looks amazing on you."

hoseok giggles at this, used to the random compliments yoongi threw his way now. ever since that night at the cafe, yoongi wouldn't stop telling him that he was pretty or looked good in something. it made hoseok's confidence boost, he wasn't used to being showered in endless compliments. it was a nice change and hoseok didn't mind it at all.

"shall we start?"

hoseok nods, eyes glinting with mischief as he looks at his cards, "prepare to be crushed."

"in your dreams." yoongi scoffs before watching hoseok put down four draw two's.

"what the hell!?"

"looks like someone didn't shuffle the cards good enough. now pick up!" hoseok laughs, pushing the card pile towards yoongi.

"hell no! i demand a reshuffle."

"what? too afraid i'll beat you without one?" hoseok smirks cockily, leaning over the desk.

yoongi meets his gaze with a smirk just as cocky, "you know what? how about this: best two out of three games wins, but with a little twist. if i win, you have to grant me one wish. but if you win, i'll have to grant you one wish. how does that sound?"