•three•

it was the end of august when hoseok decides to schedule an appointment with his college counselor, already knowing his exact plans for the future

it was the end of august when hoseok decides to schedule an appointment with his college counselor, already knowing his exact plans for the future. so hoseok heads there after school, knocking on the door to his counselor's office before opening it up when he hears a faint "come in!".

"hey hoseok, how's it going?" mrs. johnson smiles at the student from behind her desk, sending him a wave which he returns as he sits down.

"hi mrs. johnson, it's going fine. i've just been doing the usual, you know, studying and dancing." he shrugs, laughing sheepishly.

"what dance have you been teaching your kids lately?"

"actually, i've been teaching them a dance from dts's new song, dynamite. the kids love it!" hoseok's face lights up as he thinks about his precious kids from dance.

"oh? you know what, i've seen the music video for that song! it's very colorful and upbeat, i'm sure your kids love learning the choreography." mrs. johnson laughs, watching hoseok nod enthusiastically. she thought the boy was so sweet, the way he spends his free time teaching dance to kids is so endearing.

"okay, so let's talk college now. do you still only have one school on your list?"

"yes ma'am." hoseok nods determinedly. he didn't deem it necessary to apply to more schools than his top choice because he just knows he's going to get in.

"hoseok.." mrs. johnson sighs, her face settling into a more serious one, "i know the acadia school of fine arts is your top choice but you need to have some safety schools.. how about applying to a few other performing arts schools? it never hurts to do a little bit more. i know you hoseok, you always like to be safer rather than sorry."

hoseok stills. he knew the meeting would start off like this. his counselor was still trying to get him to apply to other irrelevant colleges.

"moving on from that.. you should start gathering up your letters of recommendations and start writing your essay. i know you're sending in a video audition but you should also add in an essay to back up what dance means to you."

"do you have any tips for the essay?" hoseok tilts his head to the side.

"yeah of course, but there's also a college essay writing book in the back section of the library, i'd say check there as well."

"great, thanks." hoseok nods with a small, tight-lipped smile and lets the rest of the meeting drag on.

***

hoseok sighs heavily, trudging his way to the library at the opposite end of the school. the hallways were emptied out by now, teachers and students gone for the weekend until monday morning rolls back around again.