"Ivy told me she was working on herself too the other day.." I huffed, chris waved at Ivy before walking away. I quickly moved my attention towards Enzo, so she wouldn't realizing I was staring the whole time. How embarrassing..

I felt a small tug on my gown making my attention towards the small brown eyed girl. She was giving me the same look the day of prom, the look she would always give me while we dated.

It gave me some memory of us two. It was me explaining to her that we were going to grow old together until we farted out dust and she just adored the idea of it. It would always make us laugh, we were hopeless romantics, I missed us. We were always so in love it was gross but I enjoyed every second.

My cheeks were burning up and I got the familiar feeling of joy inside me. Keep looking at me like that, and don't stop. I don't know what I'd do if you stopped.

"We're one step closer towards your goal, closer towards drinking some fancy shit on a yatch" I said trying to change the mood I was feeling"the world is yours Ivy" I said while laughing.

She rolled my eyes softly punching my arm "shut up" she smiled afterwards.

I wrapped my arms around her seeing that was moon finally up, should I say it?

"But you'll have this place to call home... Always." She whispered into my ear. She squeezed me extra tighter before pulling away, the line sounded so familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. What does she even mean? It can go in many ways, and I don't want to take it the wrong way. I was hoping it wasn't what I thinking.

"I say the drive home let's blast the spins by Mac Miller, I think it would be a great way to end it before going to Enzo's place"Delilah said while we walked back into the gym, everyone held bouquet of flowers and I can imagine how dumb some of us were about to look trying to grab a few last papers struggling to carry everything in our hands.

The car ride was extremely fun, everyone was laughing and the music blast out loud like we didn't have a single care in the world. The sight of everyone's smiles and they way the corners of their eyes had small crinkles from laughing and smiling so much. Our cheeks were starting to hurt, so were our stomachs.

We sat around in Enzo backyard eating pizza with drinks in our hands. Snacks were spread everywhere, it was so much more fun and better for us to be here than surrounded with classmates who were getting wasted out of their mind.

"Did Julian speak to you?" Delilah asked, Ivy nodded her head quickly swallowing her food "yeah , we both congratulated each other" she shrugged "he's going to community college so good for him" she gave the thumbs up.

"Who knew we were going to get two new friends, I wished we would've met a lot sooner" Ivy frowned speaking out again "but I'm glad we're friends now" "imagine hanging out with freshman year Enzo and Vinnie" Enzo made a face "that would be gross, you would think we were the biggest heads.." "You're right but what about junior year?" She hummed "the driver license era? That would be great, late night drives" I smiled "I think that would've been perfect."

"Vinnie still thrives in that era.. he basically lives in it" Enzo snorted, we laughed. I glanced over at the small group, and then it finally hit me.

Godspeed by frank ocean, the line was from the song, but what does she mean? Was she finally letting me go? Was this way her way of getting closures, wishing she could've just said the words to me? The song is literally about release someone and moving on but wishing them the best in life.

Wait for me a bit longer, I promise you I'll grow and be more thoughtful now. I'll try my best to express my feelings to you, I'll stop pushing you away.. just give a bit more time.

But I have to think, if she thinks this is best for her or us then I have to accept it. We were better as friends.. I guess you can say that. And I'll keep her around longer if we stay as that, I just didn't want to lose her now. I hope she knows she was always loved by me.

She'll have a special place in my heart for being my first love and I hope I have place somewhere in there too.

I laid my head into my arms, glancing up at the girl. She continued to smile brightly at the couple babbling about some funny memory in school.

"I'll always love you, until the time we die" I whispered the last line to myself. I watched as she continued to smile at the couple before smiling down at me, her hand reached down and ruffle up my hair. And I felt the corners of my mouth curl up at her brightly grabbing her hand where I gently squeezed it, it might even be the last time so I'll cherish the small thing.

THE END

A/N: I am not going lie I was thinking about making a sequel but I feel like leaving it as that to be more realistic..But thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed the book, I had fun writing it ʕʔ