chapter forty seven

A N G E L I N A

"I think we can make it tighter si?"

I placed my hands on my hips as I exhaled "Can you breathe Camila?" Mama asked me and I nodded. "Yes I am fine." I said.

"You look so beautiful! This should makeup for you not wanting a quinceañera." My mom said as she straightened out the dress.

I didn't want a quince because of the daughter and father dance, it did not feel right to do it without him. I looked over to my mom who is now definitely thinking about my dad.

I am currently getting fitted one last time before the ball, "You okay mama?" I asked making her glance at me then nod her head rapidly. "Do you think I should make it tighter?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"It would look better if it was a little bit tighter" She said with her voice cracking at the end. I made my way off the standing stool trying to hug her but she pulled away.

"Not in the dress" She said as she grabbed a tissue. I called the workers over and they helped me get out of the dress and back into my robe.

I quickly wrapped my arms around my mom as we made our way down onto the couch, "I should be the one hugging you" She said as she sniffed.

"No it should be me." I said as she pulled away from me then wiped her eyes again. "I realize I have not been a very good mother. I left you to raise yourself in a time where you really needed a family." She said.

"I am so sorry for that. Now is not the time for me to step in and start playing mommy-"

"No now is the perfect time to baby me. Mama I am never too old to need you, as much I don't want to admit I am always going to need my mother no matter what. You didn't intentionally push me away, you were grieving and people grieve differently."

She exhaled as she sat up straight "Stop making excuses for me, that is not a valid reason for me to abandon you Angelina. I am so sorry for that."

I exhaled as I tried to keep my tears in my eyes "I am also sorry-"

"Suficiente deja de disculparte" She said cutting me off, she wiped my eyes then gave me a tissue. I wiped my eyes as I poured myself a glass of champagne.
(Spanish: Enough stop apologizing.)

"Uhh you are not legal enough to drink that" She said as she took the glass from me and took it like a shot. "I changed my mind, I don't want you to wear that, let's do a ballgown." She said as she stood up.

She went to go fix her malice while I picked out dresses and texted Nicolas who is currently missing me.

He ended up calling me "You said that you would be done at 2pm, it's 4pm Angelina" He said as I put my phone to my ear.

"Yes I have a phone and a watch, I know what the time is. I had a touching connection with my mother and I decided to choose a new dress." I said as I looked through the dresses.

"A new dress?" He asked as I walked past a dress then walked back to it. "Yes, your favourite colour is black is it not?" I asked.

"Yes it is" He said making me pick out all black gowns as he talked to me about his day. "Baby you are going on speaker." I said as I put him on speaker.

"Hola Nicolas!" My mom said into my phone as I stepped into another dress. "Hi Sophia! How are you?" He asked as one of the workers zipped me up.

"Waiting on grand-babies. But marriage first guys so speed it up!" She said making Nicolas laugh as I turned to face her.