chapter ninteen

A N G E L I N A

"And basically to sum everything up"

How can someone talk for so long about something that is so useless? Everyone has their passions and I know Patrick, whatever the hell he is talking about is not it.

"Do you mind if I steal her?" I turned around to be met with a man. He has a nice build, he has grey eyes, no beard with somewhat thin lips, his hair is straight and is parted in the middle. He is wearing a green suit and is attractive.

"Uh sure. Ange I will tell you the rest later?" Patrick asked and I nodded, he squeezed my shoulder as he walked away.

"Sorry about that it looked like you needed saving." He said making me nod as he ran his fingers through his hair, "Thank you. I did in fact need saving." I said.

"Oh i'm Ilas. Don of the Russian mafia" He said as he held out his hand, I looked at it then looked at him. "Why weren't you at the meeting I called?" I asked making him retract his hand.

"Uh I was in Tokyo and didn't get word about it until Wednesday. My apologies-"

"So. You could not have asked people who showed up to the meeting what the plan was?" I asked cutting him off, he chuckled "Well I-"

"Because if you really wanted to know the plan, we both know you could've asked someone for information. You must've known that everyone was attacked including me the king so if I didn't retaliate back, you could've used common sense and did the same shit I did."

He has his eyebrows raised and is just staring at me, I raised an eyebrow as my eyes wandered around then focused on him.

He cleared his throat and stood up straight, "Uh well then I am very sorry." He said making me nod "Mhm. I need a drink" I said.

He walked me over to the bar and I got my drink, "Do you think you could catch me up on what I missed?" He asked as I took a sip of my drink.

"I suppose I could." I said as we sat down on the stools at the bar, I talked to him about the plan and the evidence I have that points to Francis starting a war.

"This is an excellent plan" He said as I took back my phone, "I'll have someone deliver the paperwork to your men later tonight." I said making him nod.

"Hello! Hi everyone please find your seats! Everyone has been assigned a table and a seat number!" Patrick said into the mic, everyone's phones dinged with their table and seat number.

"What table?" Ilas asked me making me look up from my phone, "Thirty seven." I said as I finished my drink. "I am at thirty eight."

He scratched the back of his head as he stood up, he held out his arm "At least let me walk you to your seat." He said.

I stood up and locked arms with him as I picked up the end of my dress, we walked over to my table with me occasionally saying hi to people.

We reached my table and he let go of my arm and pulled out my chair, I sat down and he pushed it back in. He waved at me as he walked over to his table making me nod at him.

I sighed then looked around my table to see what who I am seated with, bloody fucking hell.

"Who. was. that." Alina asked as she stared at Ilas, she licked her lips making me shake my head. "Russian don" I said as I looked at everyone's plates to see only napkins and utensils.