chapter forty one

N I C O L A S

Why is my face stinging?

I slowly opened my eyes as I placed my hand on the lift side of my face rubbing it like i've been slapped or something.

I looked in front of me to see Angelina who is clearly livid about something. "Did you slap me?" I asked as I sat up straight looking at my dad in the hospital bed clearly amused.

"Did you or did you not know Alina was attacked? And did you or did you not choose to keep it a secret from me?" She asked as I kept on rubbing my face.

"I-I-I" I said making her squint at me "I-I-I" She said mimicking me which made my father laugh, I looked at him with my eyebrows raised making him replace his laugh with a cough.

"Did I ask you to sit there and stutter or did I ask you a question Nicolas?" She asked making me shift my gaze to her. I quickly grabbed her hands "I knew."

With that she yanked her hands out of my grasp and stared at me with an emotionless face, she plastered on a fake smile and turned to my dad.

"It was so nice meeting you sir" She said as she shook hands with him. "Likewise" He said as he let go of each other's hands and he wiped away the tears that came from laughing too much.

"Do me a favour, when you go back to the house pretend as if everything is okay or else Gloria which is Nicolas's mom will start to worry then meddle in your business."

Angelina nodded in agreement then waved at him as she left not paying me any attention, my dad slapped the back of my neck making me wince. "I told you to tell her."

"Does everyone enjoy slapping me?" I asked as K rubbed the back of my neck. "I do, and I think she should enjoy it as well." He said as he stood up and put his shoes on.

I picked up his bags as he put on his coat then we made our way out of the hospital. "Enough with these flashy flashy cars." He said as he got into the passenger seat.

I closed the door as I rolled my eyes I got into the car starting it up, I drove back to my house to see Angelina's car already here.

"Happy wife equals happy life." He said as we walked into the house, he walked into the living room as I walked up the stairs.

I put his bags in him and my moms room then made my way downstairs to see everyone sitting in the living room eating.

My dad is sitting next to my mom and she is feeding him as they talk to each other. My mom spotted me and smiled "Angelina look Nicolas is here" She said.

Angelina forced a smile as she stood up and walked up to me, she wrapped her arms around my neck hugging me. I immediately wrapped my arms around her waist hugging her back.

I kissed her head and exhaled as I tightened my grasp around her "So you are not mad at me?" I whispered. "I will slit your throat in your sleep." She whispered back, which strangely turned me on.

She pulled away and we walked back to her seat and I sat next to her. I placed my hand on her thigh making her give me a warning look, "Can you give me a plate?" I asked.

"Sure honey" She said as she stood up, I slapped her ass making her freeze then keep on walking. I smiled as she walked into the kitchen, I looked over to my dad who is shaking his head at me.