212 - Mine Again

Wat's POV

The first rays of the sun streaked across the deep navy sky. A cool, blue light fell into the room through the large glass window in my bedroom as dawn approached.

I looked at the soft mop of dark hair that rested on my shoulder. The warm weight nestled against the crook of my neck felt like it anchored my entire being.

I couldn't believe my Tine was sleeping in my arms.

I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

It had happened to me in the past, where I'd thought I was back with Tine, only to wake up and find that it was all in my mind.

The scars of my crushing disappointment and aching loss in those moments were still fresh in my memory.

I kissed his angelic face lightly. He stirred and snuggled closer, his warm breath tickling my neck.

My heart bloomed like a flower, my love for Tine flooding me with pure joy that flowed to the very ends of my body, and made my nerve endings tingle.

I hugged him tightly and rested my cheek on his hair. Our chests rose and fell in tandem as our breaths synced.

I felt my eyes getting heavy, lulled into sleep by his steady breath and gentle snores.

Just a little while longer, my love. Then I'll be yours forever.

Earlier that night, Tine had held my face in his hands and looked at me with fearful eyes.

"Wat, I need to know that you'll make things right. That you'll stay with me for life and that we will grow old together" he said, his breath catching in his chest.

I nodded, running my fingers through his hair to calm him. I rained light kisses on his face.

"I lost you once and I almost went insane. If I'm parted from you again, I won't recover from it, Wat. I will die without you" he continued, his voice breaking and his eyes flickering with panic.

I pulled him into a tight hug. I rubbed his back gently till his breathing slowed and his heartbeats came back to normal.

"I'm not going anywhere, my love. Not this time. I promise to be with you for as long as I live. And I intend to live very, very long" I said, and kissed his temple.

He wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed me deeply, his soft, plump lips insistent on melting into mine.

It was a hungry, needy kiss. One that sought reassurance and a guarantee.

And of course, when he kissed me like that, and pressed his long, lean body against me, I had no choice but to make love to him again. And again. Until we both fell into an exhausted but peaceful slumber.

*

I woke up to bright sunshine warming my bare back. I opened my eyes eagerly, seeking the sight that had filled my sweetest fantasies.

Tine was nowhere to be seen.

I jumped out of bed and searched for him. He wasn't in the apartment.

Was it all a dream after all? No. No. No.

I ran back to my bed and felt about for the untraceable mobile. My Teepaphone, as Tine had jokingly called it.

My fingers trembled as I dialled the number that Tine had called me from last night.

My heart thudded painfully as his phone rang once, twice, thrice.

On the fourth ring, I heard his voice and I almost cried with relief.