102 - Just Friends

Wat's POV

"UGH" I grunted loudly in frustration as pain throbbed like needles through my head.

I slowly and carefully turned my head to one side. The clock on Tine's bedside table said it was 11 a.m.

I sat up groggily, the motion sending stabbing pains up and down my spine.

I paused for a bit, trying to recollect the events of the previous night.

"Well, well, well. Look who's up" sneered an irritating voice.

"Shut up and get out, Phukong" I growled. My younger brother was thirteen and still in middle school.

"I came to check if you were alive or dead and report back to mom. I have no interest in sticking around anyway. I have better things to do on a Saturday" he scoffed and walked out of the room.

I closed my eyes and savoured the silence.

I felt a slight breeze in the room and a cool glass was pressed into my hand.

"Drink up" said Tine as he went about tidying his already neat room.

"What happened last night?" I asked Tine, as I sipped the water gratefully.

"Well, as usual, you drank more than you should have, slept with a girl and then stumbled your way home with me" said Tine, busy folding a t-shirt.

I paused to think. I was certain about one thing.

"I didn't sleep with anyone last night. Except you, obviously" I said.

I saw Tine pause for a brief second as he put his books away.

"Sunny. Swim team. You were with her in Dim's room. Half her clothes were off" said Tine, helpfully supplying details.

I pondered again. "I remember Sunny whispering in my ear that she wanted to make-out with me. We went up to Dim's room. We kissed once.

It felt off, somehow. I got off the bed to stand up, but I think I just slumped on to the floor instead.

Sunny passed out on the bed. Her clothes weren't half-off, that's what she was wearing to begin with itself" I replied, massaging my aching temples.

Tine gave me a strange look. "I think it's best if you check with Sunny once, just in case."

I sighed and nodded. The movement triggered knives behind my eyes.

"Ouch" I winced and sipped some more water.

Flashes from last night appeared before my weary eyes.

Mil and I had a beer chugging battle - Dim, Green, Mil, Chat and I danced a bit - We drank more - Sang K-Pop Karaoke - Mini wanted to have sex but I said no and we broke up - I drank some more and texted Tine - Sunny asked me to go upstairs with her - I called Tine - Drank some more - Sunny led me upstairs - We made out for a bit - I blacked out - I saw Tine - I passed out on his bed.

Yup. Standard party procedure was followed. I kicked myself mentally.

Stop being a slut, you complete asshole.

I got off the bed and slouched to the bathroom. I came out fifteen minutes later feeling vastly more alive after a shower.

I walked to Tine's cupboard to find fresh clothes. It was neat, everything folded and in its place.

I was sure I had messed it up last evening. Just like everything else in life.

Tine tried his very best to always be perfect.