207 - Touched

Dedicated to AhriMartell . Because it's 399  ❤️

Tine's POV

I'd been waiting for him outside his building all evening, caught between periods of choatic emotional rollercoasters and absolute blankness of thought.

I had been preparing myself for seven years to find him. Now that I had, I didn't know how to feel or what to do.

I was jubilant and exhilarated and confused and angry. Really angry.

He was fine and well and here. And he hadn't reached out to me even once in all this time.

I wanted answers.

I also wanted to beat him to a pulp, kick him while he was down and basically make him feel at least a fraction of the same pain that I had felt all this time.

I surprisingly didn't feel very fulfilled when I did end up hitting him. I bust up my own knuckles in the process and they were throbbing now. So not the best plan.

I was fully prepared to be distant and caustic and hurtful to Wat.

But the moment he held me, everything melted away and I felt healed and complete.

"I hate you, Wat" I whispered, when every fibre of my being was screaming for him.

"I love you too, Tine" said Wat, and I really did hate him for knowing exactly what I meant.

We held on to each other like our lives depended on it, impossibly trying to squeeze seven years into one embrace.

Wat pulled back to look at me. My fingers reached of their own accord to touch his face.

He looked the same, but different. His features were harsher, but also more magnetic.

I touched the new scars on his face near his mouth and on his forehead.

His eyes that were looking at me with so much love in them, had lines at the corners that crinkled when he smiled, and he was smiling now.

He used to sport a perpetual crew cut back then. He had grown out his hair now, and it fell over one eye rakishly, making him look boyishly handsome.

He closed his eyes and leaned into my touch, pressing his cheek against my fingertips.

He sighed deeply, as though a long held ache had found a balm of relief.

"How have you been, my love?" he asked softly, his arms still around me, his eyes now open and locked on mine.

"I've been flipping fantastic" I answered sarcastically. Wat didn't smile. The pain in my eyes told him the truth.

"I'm so sorry, my love" he whispered, and tears glinted in his eyes again.

"Why did you leave me, Wat?" I asked, my voice catching in my throat, my heart unable to hold its facade any longer.

"I..." he began and his phone rang. Three rings and the call ended.

Wat cursed and took a long breath.

"I have to leave now, my love. Please call me on the number I gave you. I want to see you again. And I promise I'll tell you everything you want to know.

But for now.."

He fisted his fingers in my hair, pulled my face to his by the nape of my neck and pressed his lips to mine in a searing kiss.