That's Final

Bruce POV

"Bruce! Bruce please wait please just wait just let me talk to you for a minute!"

I turned as Eric chased after me, still desperate to get me to stay despite what I said. It hurt to see him, hurt to know what he had done, even if his heart had been in the right place.

"Eric...Eric just out of curiosity how long have you been with her? Nine months? Ten?" I asked.

He looked at the ground, face going red.

"Two...and a half years," he whispered.

I took a step back, everything falling down around me, chest starting to heave.

"Eric that's...that's...half our relationship! Why would you do this?!"

"Because we wanted a kid! And we've got a kid now, we've got a family! We'll be happy, we can be happy!" he pleaded, taking my hands. "Please, please!"

"No! When I said I wanted a family with you, I-I meant by adopting a kid! Or through surrogacy!" I cried. "This isn't right!"

"This is surrogacy!" he protested, and I pulled my hands away, pushing him back.

"No it's not! When you do surrogacy the woman knows she won't keep the baby from the start! She's been expecting to have a baby with you, to stay with you! She's probably been expecting that the whole time!"

"No! I told her it wouldn't be forever!" he said, still trying to take my hands.

"Then why the fuck did you spend almost three years with her?!" I shouted.

"Well I couldn't just go and ask her to let me get her pregnant a week after we met!" he snapped.

I closed my eyes, head starting to ache as much as my heart.

"Eric, I...I'm going home. Congratulations on your daughter, I'm happy for you, I really am. Now go see your family," I said, pushing him away yet again as he tried to take my hands, still begging me to stay.

I ignored him, walking down the hall and driving home. I stumbled up the stairs to my room and began to cry. What made it worse was there was no one else I could tell, there was no one to comfort me because Eric and I had been a secret for so long and Paul and Gene were still adamant we never talk about it to avoid any risks of further discovery.

And now that he had a family, I wasn't going to do anything to risk ruining his happiness, meaning I had to suffer alone.

My heart was so broken my chest physically ached as I sobbed. He was the love of my life, my best friend, and I had basically just lost him for the next two decades.

Eric POV

I walked into the hospital room where Y/N and our daughter were waiting. Feeling thrilled I finally had a child and gutted that I had lost the love of my life, I sat beside her bed.

"Um...we should probably name our baby," I said after a pause.

She gave me a sad smile. "We should."

There was another pause as I tried to just focus on the moment and be happy.

"How did he find out?" she asked, and I closed my eyes, tears dripping down my cheeks.

"He saw us leave the hotel and assumed correctly that you were having my kid so he just...just checked hospitals until he found us."

Y/N let out a sigh, wiping away a tear from my face. "I know it hurts," she murmured.

"It's okay. It's my own fault. Right now we should just focus on the good that came from today," I said, smiling at our daughter.

"After all, I've got a beautiful daughter and a wonderful woman to raise her with, how could I be anything but happy?"