How Will You Tell Him?

I rested my hands on my baby bump, shifting with a wince. I was nine months along and very much done with being pregnant. Especially since Eric still hadn't told me what on earth he when he was planning on telling Bruce and how. 

"Your daddy has certainly gotten us into a mess," I murmured to my unborn baby, rubbing my belly gently.

I didn't know what gender the baby was, as Eric and I had decided on keeping it a surprise, largely because his plan was to raise the child with Bruce and he had wanted to name it with him, although he said I could help with it too.

The baby squirmed at my touch, kicking where my hands were, and I shivered as it wiggled.

"Alright calm down there, you don't need to come just yet," I said, patting my bump with a laugh.

There was a knock at the door and I let out a groan, pushing myself to my feet and waddling to the door, rubbing my aching back.

Eric was waiting in the hall and gave me a worried look, glancing at my stomach.

"You should be sitting down, you need rest. Do you need anything? Is there anything I can do for you?" he asked, putting a hand on my cheek.

He was still always a sweetheart to me, even if he had yet to figure out what to do with telling Bruce about the baby and I. 

I had ended up feeling a bit bad for him as the months passed. It was kind of hard to have to watch him get more and more frantic and more and more stressed as time passed and he tried to balance being in the band, being with Bruce, keeping me a secret, and taking care of me. 

Despite that though, I was still significantly irritated with him. After all, it was his fault entirely that any of us were in this situation.

"No, it's fine," I grumbled, sitting on the couch and propping my feet up with a wince. 

He sat on the coffee table I was propping my feet up on, gently massaging them in spite of my assurances I was fine. And in spite of myself, I closed my eyes contentedly.

"Thanks," I said. 

"It's the least I can do," he said sadly. 

"Actually, the least you can do is figure out what the hell you plan on doing," I snapped, and he flinched.

"I'm...I'm working on it," he mumbled.

"Working on it?! Eric, you've had nine months! You've had more than enough time to figure something out! You need to talk to Bruce!" I shouted.

"I will! Once I figure out what to tell him, I'll talk to him!" 

"What do you need to figure out?! You just need to tell him what you've done!" I cried. 

"But I don't know how to!" he wailed. "I don't know how to do it, I don't know how to break the news to him. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I know I've had nine months but I can't figure it out, I don't know what to say. I don't know how to ask him if he's okay with what's happened."

I rolled my eyes. "Can you get the leftover cheesecake from the minifridge?" I snapped. 

Nodding, he grabbed the takeout box with the cheesecake, handing it and a fork to me. "Is there anything else I can get you?" he asked.

"A solution to the problem you've gotten us into," I grumbled, and he sighed.

"I know. I'm sorry. I promise I will." 

"Look, why don't you just practice what you'd say to him on me?" I said, wincing as I shifted.

The baby was squirming around more than usual, my stomach cramping almost painfully bad.

"Okay, yeah, that would work," he said, half to himself, before taking a deep breath.

"Um Bruce I know that we've both talked about adopting a kid for awhile now and I know we've been meaning to get around to it for awhile so I um-I really don't know how to best say this but I ah...decided to go ahead and do a surrogacy type thing, so we're actually gonna have a baby really soon because she's nine months pregnant," he said, face going red.

I frowned, taking another bite of cheesecake and grimacing as my cramps got worse, baby wiggling around more. 

"Hm. I'm not sure. It works, I suppose? But it kind of glosses over the fact we've been together for about two and a half years and it wasn't your typical surrogacy," I said, almost icily.

He cringed, nodding. "I-I guess. Yeah. That's...probably something I should come clean about," he said.

"That it is," I said, wincing again as the baby kicked me.

Eric paced restlessly around the room, running a hand through his hair, and I bit back a laugh in spite of myself as it just immediately sprang back into place. 

"Y/N I'm really sorry, I just...I'm not sure what to do. I'm not sure how to tell him, I-I'm not sure what to do! I don't know what to say!" 

"Well you better figure it out soon, Eric, because my water just broke," I said. 

He drew to a halt, staring at me in shock.

"Your what?!"