Getting Nowhere

I woke up with a yawn before a sudden wave of nausea hit me. I stumbled out of bed, darting into the bathroom and puking into the toilet. It was hard not to get mad as I threw up everything I ate yesterday. After all, if Eric hadn't decided to have a kid to raise with his secret boyfriend, I wouldn't be dealing with morning sickness carrying a baby I might not get to raise. 

His hands brushed against the back of my neck as he gathered my hair, holding it away from my face with one hand while his other rubbed me on the back, murmuring reassurances. 

At last my stomach stopped churning and I rose to my feet, pushing his hands away. 

"I'm still very mad at you," I said, washing out my mouth.

"I know," he said, flushing the toilet for me. 

I turned to scowl at him, furious. 

"Just introduce me to Bruce and stop lying, I know you're just trying to make me feel guilty by acting like he doesn't know about your plan," I snapped. 

His face fell and he shook his head.

"I-I promise I'm not lying to you! He doesn't know, he really doesn't know!" 

"Well then shouldn't you tell him?!" I spat, crossing my arms in a huff.

"I um...n-not yet. I-I will, but I don't think it would be smart to do that yet. I need to figure out how to tell him."

"What are you going to tell your bandmates? Gene and Paul?" I asked, walking back to the couch and sitting down, raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing. They don't know about you and I or about me and Bruce." 

"So was your plan to just keep the fact you and Bruce were together and raising a kid a secret?" I asked icily.

His face went red and he squirmed, clearly uncomfortable with the question.

"I don't know. I didn't...think that through." 

"You didn't think any of this through, Eric! And now I'm pregnant with the baby of a man who doesn't even love me!" I shouted, putting my hands on my stomach.

Once again his eyes filled with panic. "Y/N please, please I know you're really mad at me and you have every right to be but please stay calm, I-I don't want anything to happen to you or the baby." 

I scowled, but nonetheless took a deep breath. I didn't want anything to happen to the baby either, even though it was causing quite the mess. 

"I'm not going to help you figure this out. This is your issue that you caused," I said coldly.

"I know. How did you find out? About...me and Bruce," he asked.

Now it was my turn to be uncomfortable. 

"I um...I went...into your room, to investigate, when you were...at the show. And you came back so I hid under your bed and I heard you talk to someone on the phone about your plans to meet up for dinner, so I followed you and saw it was Bruce," I said sheepishly.

"Oh. That's why you were so insistent I go out," he said after a pause.

I flinched, nodding. "Yeah. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have...spied on you."

He just shook his head. "No, it's okay. I shouldn't have lied to you and kept everything a secret." 

We sat in an awkward silence before he turned to me. 

"How're you feeling? Can I get you anything? Or-or anything to eat?" he asked, eyes brimming with concern. 

I shrugged. "No, I'm fine. You can go back to your room. You shouldn't stay too long, otherwise it'll be suspicious," I said, unable to keep the edge out of my voice. 

"I know but Y/N I want to take care of you, you're pregnant and I--"

"And whose fault is that?!" I cried. "This whole mess is your fault! And it's also your responsibility to figure it out! Right now, I just don't want to see you!" 

He nodded, rising to his feet.

"I'm really sorry. If you need anything or if there's anything I can do, please let me know," he said.

"I will. Goodbye," I snapped.

Without another word, he turned and left, leaving me alone. I didn't cry this time. I was quite over wasting tears on him. But I still wasn't sure how I felt about him. The vast majority of myself was very, very pissed at him, but I couldn't deny that part of me still loved him dearly. 

I let out a sigh, resting my hands on my stomach. Most of all though, I was terrified of how things would all turn out in the end.