Chapter 6

x Jason x

Why is it that when someone tells you that there's billions of stars in the universe, you believe them. But if they tell you there's wet paint somewhere you have to touch it?"

"That's tough question. Instinct?"

"Nope. Stupidity."

"Right." I chuckled. Taylor was sitting crisscrossed in front of my cell. I was sitting in front of her, my hands resting on my knees. We've been sitting here for what seemed like hours and all we've done was ask each other silly questions as if we were little kids. It felt nice. The feeling of Taylor's lips had never left mine. And that was three days ago. We hadn't even talked about it since I called her the other day. Sometimes I wished I wasn't in jail. That nothing would have gone wrong and that I would have gotten away with...my crime. But another part of me was glad I was here. Glad because I'd met Taylor.

"Oh, I've got one." I grinned at Tayor. "If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the others drown too?"

Taylor chewed on her lip for a second. "Hm, I'm pretty sure..."

I laughed softly. "That's funny." She smiled as she pulled her knees up to her chest, resting her chin between them.

"Is this really what we plan on doing eveyday?" She asked, though she was smiling.

I smiled back. "I hope."

She blushed. "I kinda hope too." I let my fingers inch out between the bars and toward her hand which laid beside her. I touched her hand softly as if asking for permission. She didn't react or hesistate, she just took my hand, curling her fingers between mine. Her hand was warm and soft. I wanted to stay like this forever. I wanted to know what it would feel like to put my arms around her, not worrying that there were bars keeping us apart.

"You hungry?" She asked suddenly.

I shook my head. "No." I gave her hand a squeeze. Why? I don't know. It just fit in the moment.

"Have you been eating the food they've been giving you?" Her voice was concerned. It was cute how she cared.

"Not really. I want to survive." I grinned.

Taylor cracked a smile. "Well, I'm bringing you some food tomorrow. I don't want you to get sick or anything."

"Not arguing." I shrugged with a smile. Her green eyes illuminated the entire jail as I stared into them. If someone asked me what the most beautiful thing in the world was, I'd say Taylor's name without hesitation.

"I should get going." Taylor began to stand up and I did the same, her hand still in mine.

"So soon?" I pouted.

"I've been here for hours." She pointed out. "If I stay any longer then I'll be kicked out. Besides, It's gettin late and I have to go pick up something to cook tomorrow morning for breakfast."

I sighed. "Ok, I guess. See you tomorrow."

She smiled, pressing her face between the bars. I furrowed my eyebrows up in confusion. She giggled and let go of my hand, gently grabbing my face and turning it so her lips would land on my cheek. I think I blushed. She pulled back.

"Bye, Jason." She said as she began to make her way out.

"Bye, Tay." I called after her. Then I curled down in a corner once she was out of sight. Everything felt so right when it was all so wrong. It might not make sense but it made complete sense to me. I laid down on the floor, my head resting on my arms, and yawned. Taylor was amazing. If only time would go by faster and I could leave this hell hole once and for all. I closed my eyes and dissolved into the world of my dreams.

{Next Day} 

x Taylor x

"Thank you so much, Ms.Kason! You don't know how much his means to me." I smiled thankfully at my nieghbor, Mrs.Kason. She lived in the apartment beside mine and she was one of the only people I actually thought of as a friend. She was just a 58 year old women who's never married. I always wondered why but I never brought up the courage to ask her. She had just come by apartment to give me a jug of milk and one of her homemade coconut cream pies. I haven't eaten a pie in years.

"No problem, sweetheart. If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask." Ms.Kason smiled. "I should get going now. It's my new kitty, Diddy's milk hour." She excused herself and slipped out of apartment. I grinned as I pulled out the milk jug she'd given me and stuck in the fridge. I didn't have time to cook anything so I'll just stop by Mickey D's and buy breakfast for James, Jason, and I with my savings. At least we had a very yummy-looking coconut cream now, thanks to Mz.Kason. I slid some money into my pocket, grabbed the pie, and headed off the door. I just wanted to get to Jason. I wanted to spend the day with him again. He was my best friend now. My best friend that I'd kissed. My best friend who was in jail. My best friend who I don't know much about. My best friend who makes me feel...I don't know. I just feel...something. Jason. My Jason. I let a smile spread across my lips as I took the elevator down to the first floor of the my apartment building.

-

"Thank you." I thanked the cashier lady at Mickey D's and inhaled the scent of the chicken nuggets. It was all I could afford but I was satisfied. 10 chicken nuggets for three people. Well, and coconut cream pie of course. I felt like I was having a great day so far. I skipped out of Mickey D's and toward the jail which was only three streets away. My brown hair swung around my face as I walked on joyfully, Jason taking up all the space in my mind. My rain boots made a squishy-squoshy sound as they hit the ground and then sun warmed my skin. I was just one of those days that even simple things made you feel good. And for some reason...I wanted to kiss Jason again. It's been five days since I kissed him and I've been longing to do it again. It just felt...right.

I stopped at the side of a street, waiting for the cars to clear so I could cross. Some guy in a motorcycle sped by and then a large pickup truck. The cars just kept coming and coming. Finally they cleared, giving me some time to cross the road. The sound of horns honking filled the air around me.

Everything else happened in slow motion.

A yellow mustang appeared out of nowhere along with a black sports car. I barel had time to blink. The mustang tried to slow to a stop. Then I heard a crash and the mustang sped forward, hitting me with fill force. The air was knocked out of me and everything went blurry. I could swear I was in the air for five seconds...and once I hit the concrete, my whole world spun to black.

x Jason x

I shot up, sweat dripping down my forehead. I'd been asleep when some sharp pain rippled throughout my body. My chest hurt now but it stopped just as quickly as it came. Yet the feeling that came with it never left. Something didn't feel right. I sat up, wiping sweat off my face. My hair was sticking to my forehead. Why was I sweating? I ran my fingers through my now-sweaty hair. Eveything's fine. I just probably had a nightmare and forgotten. Taylor would get here soon and this strange feeling would go away. Maybe this is just a side effect of being stuck in a jail for almost five months now. I just had anotherr six months to go...maybe more. Time should go by fast. Everything will be fine.

But no matter how much I tried, I couldn't shake off that weird, worried feeling I had

___________________ 

You guys are killing me! lol here's the nxt chappie finally! I've been aching to get to this chappie. Been planning it since before I started chap 1! :) if you want the next chappie, get me to ten votes!! ;D also, comment! It's what made me uploa this chap! And fan if u rele do like this story :D xoxo next upload will hopefully be mondey for VDAY! yay lol anywho, keep reading, commenting, voting, do what you do best! And keep reason 'Inside Your Heaven' by new JB story I u are! If not, go read it now! lol and don't forget to watch Jason McCann on CSI, Friday, Febuary 18th ;) xo LUV YALL!

P.S. There seems to be a lot of spelling errors in this chappie. lol it's cuz I wrote it on my iPod :/ bahaha and I didn't proof read. You guys didn't give me time! Yes, I am blaming it on you, you, and you! lol wuvv uu anyways!