𝟸𝟻.

short chapter but it's an important one!

"Well, that's one more serial killer behind bars

"Well, that's one more serial killer behind bars."

Spencer watches them drag the unsub, Marshall Brown, into the back of the cop car. They had found him right before he killed his next target, Claire Wright, and surprisingly, they'd been able to talk him down. Spencer turns his attention to Y/n, her eyes meeting his.

After their shower last night, probably one of the most intimate moments in Spencer's life, they'd both gotten dressed and cuddled in bed, sharing a few small and innocent kisses. Spencer held her until she fell asleep, and only then did he allow himself to fall asleep as well.

It had still taken him a while to fall asleep, though. His mind was clouded with thoughts of Y/n. He knows it's too soon for her to get into another relationship, but it was quite obvious they have feelings for each other. So instead of falling asleep right away, his mind lingered on what it would be like to be with her fully.

He already has their next date planned. Stargazing. He wants to take her to the roof of his building, have an evening picnic, and stargaze with her. He can imagine her smile and wide eyes as he tells her about each of the constellations in the sky. They could even cuddle underneath a fuzzy blanket together. He just wants to be with her.

His cheeks burn at the thought, and he rips his gaze away from Y/n at the thought, focusing instead on the cop car driving away. The team files into the SUVs, Spencer squished in the backseat in between Y/n and Luke.

"This is cozy," Luke teases, glancing at Spencer.

"If you don't move, I will elbow you in the ribs," Spencer mutters, flashing Luke a teasing smile.

Y/n laughs softly, and Spencer turns his head to look at her. Her smile lingers on her face, her fingers finding Spencer's. It's almost like a sneaky handhold in the backseat of the SUV—he feels like he's in high school. But he squeezes her hand, leaning his head back against the headrest. This case was exhausting.

The SUVs park on the tarmac, and the team boards the jet. Y/n and Spencer take the couch again, and this time, she lays down, putting her feet in Spencer's lap.

"Is that okay?" She mumbles, glancing at Spencer.

He nods, resting his hands on her shins. "Mhm. Go to sleep, it's fine."

She smiles softly before adjusting her position to her side, closing her eyes. It's actually amazing how quickly she falls asleep, dozing off within a few moments of closing her eyes. Spencer's smile widens, and he rifles through his bag until he finds his book. He'd probably read it a few times before the jet lands, but he doesn't mind.

The jet takes off, the team going about their own business as it ascends. Spencer keeps on hand on Y/n's shins, rubbing his thumb along the fabric of her slacks. It feels nice to be so close to her, and it makes him feel even better that she feels so safe around him.