𝟸𝟸.

"Night out! Night out! Night out!"

Spencer chuckles at Garcia's chants, pushing his rollie chair back from his desk. He watches as Luke wraps his arm around her waist, shaking his head as he looks down at her.

"Calm down, mi amor," he murmurs, a small smile on his face.

"Don't tell me what to do," she mutters, giving his chest a playful slap, the smile on her face betraying her words.

Spencer's eyes flick to Y/n, watching the way she's smiling at Luke and Garcia. His own smile widens as he admires her face. She had worn a pair of black and white plaid pants today, a black turtleneck tucked into the front of them. She'd left her hair loose, framing her face, and he watches her tuck a piece of her hair behind her left ear. She looked so fucking beautiful.

Shut the fuck up, Reid.

He averts his gaze, inhaling deeply, tapping his fingers against his desk. It had been a couple weeks since that night at her apartment when he'd kissed her. They had seen each other at work, and Spencer had actually gone over to her place a few times to watch whatever she wanted. Right now, she's on a Pokémon kick. Spencer normally isn't the biggest anime person, but Pokémon is interesting enough.

She confessed that she used to play the games when she was younger, and her next purchase was going to be a Nintendo Switch. She wanted to play Pokémon Shield—and he remembered the sheepish smile she had given him, almost like she was embarrassed to admit it. Spencer didn't make fun of her though. He thought her interests were, in fact, very cute.

"I'm coming tonight!" Y/n says, her voice a little more confident than usual.

Spencer grins, focusing his eyes back on her. "Me, too."

She turns her eyes to him, a small smile on her face. "Could I ask you for a favor?"

"Hm?" Spencer leans his chin in the palm of his hand.

"Could you drive me back to my apartment tonight? I kinda wanna get drunk tonight," she explains.

"Yeah, no problem." Spencer's smile widens, feeling his face heat up slightly. "I don't mind. I wasn't planning on drinking tonight anyway."

Luke clears his throat, and Spencer quickly looks away from Y/n, eyes focusing on Luke instead. He and Garcia are staring at the two of them, cheesy smiles on their faces. Spencer smacks himself internally before throwing Luke a hard glance, watching his coworkers avert their gazes.

"Right, are we drinking or what?" Tara says, approaching the four of them. The awkward energy around the four of them must be fucking palpable, because her eyes flit from each individual, her brows creasing. "Why do I feel like I just walked in on something awkward?"

"It's fine, Luke and Garcia were just flirting," Spencer mutters, placing his hands on his desk and standing up, watching Y/n do the same.

"We were not flirting!" Luke defends, throwing Spencer a look.