𝟸𝟷.

song for this chapter: angel by finneas
like toward the end, when they're both sitting on her bed

song for this chapter: angel by finneaslike toward the end, when they're both sitting on her bed

"This looks...really bare."

Spencer watches Y/n stare at the living room of her new apartment, a disappointed look etched onto her face. Her lips are turned down into a frown, eyebrows pushed together. She crosses her arms, tearing her gaze away from the room and instead looking at Spencer.

"It's not that bad," he says, giving her a small smile. "You just moved in. There's plenty of time to make it your own, y'know!"

Spencer looks at the living room, the small smile still on his face. She'd found an olive green couch for sale, quite cheap as well. It's sitting in the middle of her living room, facing the wall where a TV sat on a little table. No decorations, no fluffy pillows, or blankets. Only Sulley, curled up into a ball in the middle. It is a bit bare, but she has tons of time to make it her own.

The apartment itself is pretty nice. It's only a couple blocks away from Spencer's, pet-friendly and in a nice area. The floors are a dark hardwood, except her bedroom which has plush cream carpet. The kitchen has granite countertops and new appliances. The bathroom is nice—a shower and a bathtub. The apartment might be one-bedroom, but the bedroom is also really nice. Spencer had actually helped her buy and put together her bed, watching her put her lavender sheets on the mattress, followed by the gray comforter and pillows. She had looked so excited—her own room, all to herself and Sulley.

She sighs, chewing on her bottom lip. "I guess I just thought it would feel different."

"What would?"

She crosses to the couch, plopping down next to Sulley. She runs her hand over the cat's fur, small purrs coming from the feline. "This is the first time I've lived alone in a long time," she murmurs. "I just want my space to...feel like me."

Spencer looks at her, his lips tugged up into a small smile. This is a big step for her—moving in by herself. Part of Spencer is nervous. He doesn't want Owen to figure out where she lives and come barging in, trying to hurt her. But the other part of him is thrilled that she's taken this step, being alone.

"Well, I actually have a couple of presents. I was gonna wait 'till later to give them to you, but..." Spencer trails off, scratching the back of his head as he feels his cheeks flush.

Her eyes light up slightly, a smile spreading across her face. "Presents? You didn't have to get me presents."

"Think of it as a little housewarming." Spencer knows his cheeks are a dark pink, and he averts his gaze, clearing his throat. "I'll be right back!"

He heads out to his car, his cheeks staying pink as he grabs the presents out of his backseat. He had gone shopping on his own a few days ago, when Y/n had told him she'd found an apartment. He had actually gone to the apartment tour with her, just to make sure it was safe and nowhere creepy. But afterward, he'd gone shopping to buy her a few things.