𝟷𝟽.

Spencer glances at himself in the mirror, fiddling with the top button of his shirt

Spencer glances at himself in the mirror, fiddling with the top button of his shirt. He decides to leave it unbuttoned, his eyes traveling down to the gray slacks he's wearing, then down to his Converse. He pulls on his cardigan, buttoning a couple of the middle buttons. He clears his throat, smoothing his hair out of his face before tearing his gaze from himself.

He hopes he doesn't look stupid.

Y/n is still in his bathroom getting ready, and he heads out of his bedroom into the living room, nerves fluttering in his stomach. He's taking Y/n out on their date today, and he's really nervous. He's not only nervous because it's their first date, but he's also nervous because it's with her. He doesn't want to screw it up.

He had planned a picnic in a park near his house. He'd gotten some fuzzy blankets, made some food, and bought a little wine. He hadn't planned anything else, so he hopes she likes it and she's not disappointed. He hasn't dated anyone since Max, and that had ended badly enough. Spencer had been left a bit heartbroken, though he knows his hurt doesn't compare to what Y/n's feeling.

"Spencer? You ready?"

Spencer looks up to watch Y/n walk out of his bedroom, and he feels like his breath is taken right out of his chest when he looks at her. She's wearing a high-waisted skirt that flows around her thighs, a lilac shirt tucked into it. Her hair is natural, framing her face, her lips a light pink from the lipstick she's wearing. The bruise still rests on her jaw, not bothering to cover it with makeup. She's so fucking beautiful, Spencer almost can't believe she's real.

He stands up, wiping his sweaty hands on his slacks. "Y-Yeah, I'm ready. You look really beautiful, by the way."

Her cheeks flush, and she smiles, meeting Spencer's eyes. "Thanks. You do, too."

"I look beautiful?" He asks, his lips turning up into a smile.

"Yeah, you do," she simply says, rocking back and forth on her heels.

"Come on, I think you'll like what I have planned. Or I hope so." He grabs keys before gently taking her hand, leading her toward the door.

She follows, Spencer locking the door behind them. He had put everything in his car right before he had gotten dressed, so it's only been sitting there for maybe fifteen minutes. He and Y/n walk down the steps to his car, Spencer releasing her hand so he can walk around to the driver's side. He slips inside, starting the car, making sure Y/n's buckled before he begins the drive to the park.

He taps his fingers against the steering wheel as he drives, his hands still sweaty. He's trying to calm his nerves, to absolutely no avail. Out of the corner of his eye, he watches Y/n adjust the music on the radio, humming softly to the song that begins to play, a small smile on her face.

He parallel parks beside the park, turning off the car and pressing the button to open his trunk, watching Y/n unbuckle her seatbelt.

"A park?" She asks, a small smile on her face.