un

the prologue

"i wanna go with you!" six year old y/n whined crossing her arms of her chest, "you and will always leave with at me and it isn't fair!" 

8 year old technoblade watson placed a hand on the distressed girls shoulder and repeated the same thing he had said all morning, "no." 

"but why not?! i'm not that much younger than you!" 

"y/n/n, no," techno said calmly.

"even tommy will get to go before me," y/n grumbled refering to their three year old brother. 

"oh come off it techno, let her come," the eldest child, wilbur said, fastening his scarf around his neck, "we're only going to the lake at the edge of the forest. dad will say yes, she's been begging forever and with us she won't get hurt." 

techno narrowed his eyes at the eleven year old, "fine." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

y/n skipped the whole way to the lake. although techno was reluctent to let her go, she added a good addition to the walk and it was nice to see her so happy.

"don't go to far ahead," wilbur warned. 

"i know," y/n replied cheerily, "can i check out the lake?" 

wilbur glanced at who is younger brother who meerly shrugged, your the boss

"okay, just be careful and call us if you need us," wilbur answered. 

y/n didn't respond, she was already gone. 

"that girl," techno chuckled to himself. 

y/n lifted up the hem of her skirt slightly, so she could enter the body of water without wettning the precious material. 

her toes curled over the sharp rocks, she winced at the sharp edges. but that wasn't going to stop her. 

y/n ran around, splashing in the water for a good 20 minutes when she decided it would be a good time to return to her family. 

she walked back up to the land on a different patch of the water, were the rocks were fewer and more dull against her sensitive feet. 

y/n took a step forward, her foot had not landed on the semi rough terraine as anticipated, but rather a muddy spot we're she slipped and fell. 

"woah, woah!" y/n cried, grasping to cling onto the muddy slope, fear of dropping into the deep pool of water below. 

the next few seconds happened very fast as y/n lost her grip. 

her mind was no longer on the fact that her skirt would be ruined like earlier, but rather she didn't know how to swim. 

y/n was immediately plunged into the deep abyss filled with water, kicking, unable to scream with only a angry cloud of bubbles exiting her mouth. 

"techno! wilbur!" she gasped for air in her short moment above the water before slipping back down. 

technoblade and wilbur's conversation came to an abrupt pause at the sound of their little sister's screams. no words need to be spoken between the pair, they took off into a sprint trying to track their sister from her short string of words. 

but when the boys arrived it was too late.

y/n floated atop of the water, ghostly white. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tommy bounced on his father's knee as he hummed to the tune of hayloft. 

"it started with the hayloft a-creakin', well, it just started in the hay loft," philza sang softly.

below him tommy giggled at the sound of his father's voice. 

"you like that don't you?" philza chuckled running his hands through tommy's golden ringlets, "it was your mother's favorite song."

the door banged open and in entered the rest of his children. wilbur and techno's faces were red and swollen and out of breath at the pace they ran home. wilbur's hand was looped under y/n's crotch where he held her limp body. 

"what happened?" philza demanded urgently. 

"we-we took ou-our eye off..off of her for one-one sec-cond and she-she," wilbur sobbed. 

"hey, hey," philza said softly, "breathe will..it's alright. hey why don't you go take her to my room and lay her on my big bed and techno go take tommy." 

wilbur nodded forcing his frozen feet to move forward and enter into his father's room. 

"dad?" techno asked placing a confused tommy on his hip, "she'll be okay, right?"

"i promise," philza nodded. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

philza took a seat on the stool left by his bed, observing his daughter's limp arm. on her wrist the tatoo of three thick stripes had now faded into to two. philza sighed. 

"dad?" a voice came from the door. he turned to see his two sons standing in the doorway. 

"tommy is asleep," techno said dully, his voice to weak to give any expression. 

"is she okay?" wilbur asked. 

"she is," philza nodded. 

"so she didn't die?" wilbur's face lit up. 

"no," philza shook her head and the boys frowned in confusion, "she died, but she's not dead.

"i-i don't understand.." 

"look down on your wrists," philza instructed and they obliged, "you have three stripes right?" 

the boys both nodded. "well y/n now has two." 

"but she had three this morning?" techno furrowed his eyebrows. 

"yes, you see each stripe resembles a life. we start off with three, y/n now has two." 

"and it's all our fault," wilbur's eyes swimmed with tears, "if only i-i told her no." 

"wilbur look at me," philza said gently, "it is in now way your fault..but i need you both to promise me something..can you do that?" 

techno and wilbur nodded quickly. 

"promise to keep her safe and make sure she doesn't loose anymore..alright..promise?" philza looked at them seriously. 

"we promise." 

and so when ten years later wilbur got into politics he made sure that no one knew of his sister. especially his enemy, dream. this was kept for three years until one night it came crashing down.

𝐏.𝐒 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 

i am not shi