𝐗𝐗𝐕. 𝐍𝐨 𝐌𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲

Chapter Twenty-Five
NO MERCY

     Mara leaned on the counter as she looked in her bathroom mirror

Mara leaned on the counter as she looked in her bathroom mirror. Her half-dyed hair fell down her back which she had straightened. She wore ripped black jeans with a white long sleeve shirt and a gray cropped t-shirt over it. The outfit wasn't very flashy but it was still stylish enough for her.

     She shut off the lights to her bathroom and bedroom and grabbed her bag that was sitting beside her door. Moon had gone home yesterday since the cops should have cleared out.

     Ryan was sitting at the kitchen table eating a bowl of cereal when she entered the room. She grabbed her own bowl and sat down beside him and for the first time he didn't acknowledge her presence. The twins ate in silence and Mara found herself sneaking glances at her quiet brother.

     It was hard to see him so heartbroken. She couldn't believe Miguel would cheat on him. It didn't seem like it was in his character, but Mara was wrong. She wondered if Tory had already dealt with Sam. The girl hadn't texted her since the party and Mara was worried.

     Ryan's phone went off in his pocket, but the boy kept eating like nothing happened. "Are you going to answer that?"

     Ryan shook his head and stood up to put his bowl in the dishwasher. Mara sighed and did the same. "It might be Miguel."

     "I don't want to talk to him." Ryan grabbed his bag from beside the door and took his keys off the table before walking out of the front door.

Ryan was never a quiet person. No matter what happened to him bad or good he was never this quiet. What Miguel did really took a toll on him for him to be acting this way. Mara was mad at Miguel, yes, but there was one person she couldn't help but be enraged at.

Sam Larusso.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

        Miguel groaned as Ryan's number went to voice mail again. He then checked his messages with Tory and the girl still hadn't answered him either.

"Still nothing from Ryan and Tory," Aisha asked him as she approached.

"No, what about you?"

"They won't text me back. I'm getting kind of worried."

Miguel looked down. "I couldn't even find them after the party. Think they got in trouble with the cops?"

"I don't know. But missing the first day of school is not a good sign. We should try and find Mara. Ryan might be with her."

"Yeah." Aisha pat Miguel on the back and the two walked into the building.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬